March 27, 2015

Droid Bionic Getting "Improved Form Factor"

If you’ve been planning to pick up a Droid Bionic in May, it looks like you’ll have to wait a little longer before it’s released. But the wait may be worth it: Motorola is giving the phone an overhaul that promises an even more beastly end product than previously planned.

A fact sheet on Motorola’s website explains that the Bionic is being updated with “several enhancements to make this an even better consumer experience. This includes expanded features, functionality and an improved form factor.”

An “improved form factor” suggests that this may not just be an update to the planned handset, but an entirely different handset that will carry the Droid Bionic name. Perhaps the mysterious Tegra 3 device we heard about recently? That’s just speculation on our part. Let us know in the comments if you agree, or if not, what you think the changes to the Bionic with consist of.

Via Droid-Life

Related Posts

1. Charles Gallagher

Actually the memo is from Jan 2011 does not mean that it is not true. It iis what they decided behind closed doors and are just releasing it. I wonder what that means about time to production. If they started changing the bionic In Jan what is the earliest it could be out?

2. Zerk

Never considered Bionic because it looked cheap, plastic, with plastic bevel. Targa looks nice, if they match that sexiness with all the power the Bionic is supposed to boast I would consider it. But what’s with the ridiculous bulge for the camera on the Targa, looks bad not sleek.

3. Djkoz78

Actually the Bionic was not that powerful considering all the devices that are coming out now were miles ahead in almost every aspect compared to the Bionic I mean even the Atrix has 500 more mb of ram than the Bionic did & it was 1.2ghz I believe dual core as opposed to the 1ghz dual core Bionic. Usefully this will not only match others Specs ie Galaxy S II, EVO3D, G2 but far surpass them a if they dont I’m going with the Galaxy S II. Just my opinion of course. I did also like the form factor of the Bionic though the Targa not so much to me it looks a lot like the iphone. Of course this is from grainy pictures &i can’t see the device on.

4. Djkoz78

I read somewhere the over day that Motorola said it would be out by the end of June it July. & I agree with the bulge for the camera not ugly & will make the phone not lay flat on flat surface. Dont like the look of the Targa at all.

5. Djkoz78

Damn it swype keeps putting the wrong words. Sorry guys June or July. The bulge for the camera is ugly is what I meant to put.

6. Djkoz78