Andy Rubin Lets New Nexus Slip, Made By LG?

Well, it’s Google I/O week, so you had to expect something big. Andy Rubin has confirmed that Google is indeed working on a new Nexus device, but he failed to give a specific name. My money is on Nexus 3, but that’s just me. Only time will tell. And speaking of time, this new Nexus device is rumored for a December launch. We have no word on who will manufacture said Nexus, but some are saying that the signs point to LG. Rumors also tell us that it’ll be running Ice Cream Sandwich, which isn’t really surprising since the Nexus line has been a cornerstone for new OS version releases. No word on specs, since the rumored launch is down the road, but we’ll try to dig up some more information on this new Nexus device. With that being said, who’s excited for the Nexus 3, or whatever it may be called? Sound off in the comments below!

Thanks to the guys over at AndroidAndMe for the tip!

Justin Marden
Justin Marden 488 posts

I've been an Android fanboy since day one, but I've never had a chance to truly express my voice and be a part of the Android Community. When AndroidGuys starting accepting applications for interns, I saw my opportunity. I joined the AndroidGuys team and haven't looked back!

Facebook testing new ways to watch video in mobile app

Today we’re starting to test an easier way to watch videos on Facebook. Now when you see a video in News Feed, it comes to life and starts playing. Videos

T-Mobile UK Responds to Galaxy S 2.2 Delay

Color us surprised (can you hear the dripping sarcasm?). The UK arm of T-Mo has once again missed a target date for the 2.2 rollout to Galaxy S devices. Techradar.com is reporting that T-Mo recently posted an update on their support forum about the fact that they did not rollout the update on December 1st like they promised. Here is a quote from the support forum:

Overclock Your Nexus One 1.113GHz

So you’ve got the latest superphone from Google and for some strange reason, that 1GHz Snapdragon processor just isn’t fast enough.  What’s an AndroidGuy to do?  Overclock it yo!  One

1. Anonymous
    May 10, 19:37 Reply

Id like to see all of Androids partners make a Nexus to herald the arrival of ICS.

2. Anonymous
    May 10, 19:43 Reply

It’ll probably still be a T-Mobile device, possibly with a Sprint version at launch or after. But Verizon will probably have a better “version” of the device a few months after.

3. Anonymous
    May 10, 19:43 Reply

• Skee-Daddy
      May 11, 09:51 Reply

I’m personally hoping the Nexus line will continue initially launching as unlocked devices.

4. Anon
    May 10, 20:19 Reply

I hope it has a colour trackball like the Nexus One, and a 4″ screen like the Nexus Two.

5. James Bell
    May 10, 21:28 Reply

How will they configure radios if AT&T is to buy T-mo (and gut T-mo’s 3G frequencies for their 4G plans)?

6. Anonymous
    May 11, 05:54 Reply

i would hope it is an advanced phone unlike the Nexus S which was of the times… if they use Tegra 3 code name Kal EL for the phone that would be awesome and should be named the “Super Nexus One” for the quad core processor that could power it…

7. Paul Burke
    May 12, 06:49 Reply

AndroidandMe’s LG prediction is based on timing, and the fact that LG is in the OHA and partners with nVidia. I’m going to refrain from listing the other companies that fit this criteria, but it surely seems like a stretch to say that there are “signs pointing to LG”.

Also, the Nexus 3 name doesn’t really make sense to me, seeing as there was never truly a Nexus Two.

My money is still on “Nexus M” by Motorola. They were on stage at the Nexus One announcement, but have yet to be part of a Nexus product launch. (they’re also part of the OHA and parters with nVidia)