PopCap Signs Exclusive Deal with Amazon App Store for Plants vs. Zombies, Chuzzle
PopCap Games has a pair of hotly anticipated games arriving on Android this month, starting as early as tomorrow, May 17th. The word is officially out that Chuzzle will be FREE in the Amazon App Store for tomorrow and then rising to a normal price of US$2.99 thereafter. Later this month, Plants vs. Zombies will also drop in the Amazon App Store for free on its first day, also going up to US$2.99 afterwards. These two titles are part of an exclusive agreement between Amazon and PopCap Games that will see the distribution store get a two week head start on the Android Market.
“Our relationship with Amazon is pivotal to PopCap’s overall strategy in bringing a growing roster of mobile titles to the ever-widening base of smartphone users,” noted Giordano Bruno Contestabile, PopCap’s senior director of global product and business strategy for mobile. “By making these titles available on the Android platform, we’ll significantly extend the reach of our top franchises to legions of new mobile customers and gaming fans alike.”
Details for Chuzzle include the following:
- Four different modes providing infinite level configurations and virtually limitless game play:
- Classic Mode: the original Chuzzle in all its glory
- Zen Mode: stress-free, endless play without levels, locks or other constraints; the player’s progress is indicated by colorful markers that appear as higher thresholds of popped chuzzles are reached
- Mind-Bender Mode: a different sort of Chuzzle puzzle in which players slide rows and columns of chuzzles to make specified patterns
- Speed Mode: standard Chuzzle action – only faster (and harder!)
- Trophy Room: your own personal “Hall of Fame” with more than twenty different trophies to collect and admire!
- Scrambles: instantly shuffles all chuzzles on the board anytime you run out of options/moves; in the mobile version of the game, players can earn and save up to five scrambles at any given time, earning an additional scramble every 150,000 points
- Dynamic Level Generation: ensures each game is different no matter how many times you play
If you haven’t downloaded the Amazon App Store for your device yet, now’s your chance!
You might also like
Huawei officially announced their next Android handset this past weekend, unveiling the Honor for a fourth quarter release. Specifications include a single-core 1.4GHz processor, a 4-inch (854×480) capacitive display, an
*Last Updated: April 07, 2015 Sony’s flagship devices have become stale in recent years, with most enthusiasts agreeing that Sony makes good quality smartphones without the required innovation to boost sales. This
Instagram announced on Wednesday that users can now embed photos directly within websites and blog posts. Whenever you view the photo (or video) on the desktop browser you’ll see an