No More Circling for a Parking Spot at the Mall with the Parker App
Well, maybe not the mall per-se, but residents of larger cities can take advantage of a new Android App that will allow you to see parking spots that are open, all in real time. As mentioned before, Parker is an app that helps those who live in major cities. A quote from the press release talks about where it is available, plus some of the functionalities:
Parking Made Easy
Since its debut in December 2010, Streetline rolled out Parker for iPhone in six states throughout the United States including parts of California, Washington, D.C., Maryland, New York, Texas and Utah—with additional locations being added regularly. With this next generation of Parker, consumers can take advantage of their iPhone app, select Android smartphones and compatible tablets. New features available on the new Parker app platform include:
- Real-time information in select cities to guide consumers to open and available curbside parking spaces; Parker updates automatically when a car is parked or leaves.
- “Follow me” navigation with a native map application to guide consumers to their chosen parking destination.
- Easy access to rates, hours and time limits for metered and on-street parking where available.
- Location and key details of garages, including cost, payment options and hours of operation where available.
- The ability to enter an address within Parker and view parking options nearest to that destination.
- Set filters to only display parking based on driver needs: on-street or garage, and payment options (cash, credit or mobile payment).
- Mark areas on the Parker map to keep track of where a car is parked (and later get guidance back to the car), set reminders, take a picture of a car and take notes about the location. Parker also saves parking history data for easy access later.
- Rate and comment on parking locations and set reminders noting great locations.
- Option to register and pay for parking in participating cities via mobile payment partners Parkmobile and PayByPhone.
A pretty slick little app for those people who can take advantage of it. Let us know in the comments if you have been able to use this service.
You might also like
You would hope that by now, people like Steve Ballmer would know his stiffest competition when he saw it. Unfortunately, Microsoft’s lack of vision will be their undoing.
The sleuths over at Droid Life stumbled across what looks to be a landing page for Verizon’s upcoming world phone, the Droid Pro.
Samsung has (finally) announced the WiFi only version of their popular Galaxy Tab device. It’ll be available for purchase “in Q1 2011″, so sometime in the next 3 months.