Asus Transformer to Get Android 3.1 Update Tomorrow

Asus has just announced via their Facebook page that the popular Transformer tablet will be getting an Android 3.1 FOTA update tomorrow, as in, May 31. This announcement comes hot off the heels of last week, when Asus teased a new tablet/phone combination they’re working on. This might just be me talking, but it looks like Asus is really getting into the Android game. Anyone out there with a Transformer should keep their eyes on it for that update tomorrow. No word on when the rollout will reach every Transformer, but we’ll try to keep you updated as more information comes in.

So, who’s excited about getting some Android 3.1 love? Or better yet, who has a Honeycomb tablet but hasn’t gotten 3.1 yet? Sound off in the comments below, or on our Facebook Wall!

Justin Marden
Justin Marden 488 posts

I've been an Android fanboy since day one, but I've never had a chance to truly express my voice and be a part of the Android Community. When AndroidGuys starting accepting applications for interns, I saw my opportunity. I joined the AndroidGuys team and haven't looked back!

Native Screen Shots Expected in Ice Cream Sandwich

It has taken nearly three years to bring screen captures to Android, but we’re glad we waited.

Runtastic announces new Hydration feature, revamped app, and more

A new design, new features, and improved functionality are making it to the app, just as the company passes a big milestone. Runtastic has long been one of the most

Samsung Continuum – A Sinking Ship Without Developers

Last night Samsung unveiled their next Galaxy S phone, the Samsung Continuum. The handset offers many exclusive features that have the potential to offer some really new features to anyone who would want this kind of phone. Unfortunately I think that list is getting smaller and smaller, given Samsung’s decision to not include developers in the mix.

1. James Scott
    May 30, 19:00 Reply

Great news for Transformer owners.
    Still no news for Xoom owners outside the US….

2. Ricardo Lagos
    May 30, 19:44 Reply

I had a transformer. But I returned it after the deep sleep bug hit me. I was very disappointed that the tablet shipped with such terrible bugs.

I have decided to check out thesamsung 10.1 , but may.be now I’ll just wait for a quad core device later this year.

The transformer has a great price point but lacks in the fit and finish.

3. nportelli
    May 31, 02:06 Reply

I was thinking about getting one of these…until I heard about Kal-El.  I can wait.  Mise well get a new one ahead of the curve.

4. Garms17
    May 31, 06:20 Reply

Wonderful – had mine a week… fantastic machine. Fit and finish is supurb, and operationally I have experienced no glitches. It can replace my laptop most days when out of the office. Great biult-in apps too!

5. Lex Lybrand
    May 31, 14:39 Reply

You guys are hilarious. I’ll enjoy my new 10.1 inch Macbook Mini and you can keep playing with your giant phones that don’t make phonecalls.

• Ed
      May 31, 20:41 Reply

Mine makes phone calls quite easily, and I didn’t spend a fortune on outdated hardware like your Mac.

• Lex Lybrand
        June 01, 04:06 Reply

I spent $200 on mine, thank you very much. No overpriced hardware here – just a Dell Mini 10v and an hour to install OS X.

• EFileTahi-A
        June 30, 19:51 Reply

Seeing an Android tablet without 3G feature as “giant phones” only demonstrate the lack of knowledge you may have. This lack of knowledge seems to be commonly best seen among Apple users. The best idiotic comments also and usually come from Apple users. Steve Jobs has successfully created horse blinkers for people to limit their field of view. His “There is no other way!” like campaigns worked like a charm! Specially on idiots and for those who have the tendency to refuse to see anything else other than straight ahead.

And to let you know, I own a iPad. I gave the Asus Transformer to my wife as a birthday gift (having in consideration all its features and price). And you know what? My iPad is now correctly for sale. This was done after using my wife’s Android tablet for 1 hour.

I’m not saying that Apple does not has good products because it has. But you know what? There are also more companies in the world that produce good products and usually not overpriced.

6. pfn