TI Unveils Dual-Core 1.8GHz OMAP4470 Processor
Texas Instruments unveiled a new applications processor this week at Computex, in the form of a dual-core OMAP4470. Part of the OMAP 4 family, this new, dual-core1.8GHz chipset will amp up the mobile gaming performance while maintaining a low power consumption. These processors are expected to begin sampling later this year with products (phones, tablets, etc) arriving by the first half of 2012.
Features of OMAP4470 processor:
- Dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 clock speeds up to 1.8 GHz per core
- 80% increase in Web browsing performance
- 2.5x boost in graphics functionality, via Imagination Technology’s POWERVR SGX544 core
- Up to 2x more layered imaging and video composition
- Simultaneous support for up to three HD screens, and up to QXGA (2048×1536) resolution
- A new, unique hardware composition engine
Read more at TI’s website.