To the delight of IT professionals all over the world, Spiceworks, Inc. rolled out an Android version of their mobile application today. The free application lets more than 1.5 million potential users connect with peers, access help desks, and manage their IT networks directly from Android phones and tablets. Like the desktop client, Spiceworks brings a massive community ( Microsoft, Google, Dell and Intel, to name a few) of IT pros together and helps with features like how-tos and vendor reviews.
Key features of Spiceworks Mobile include:
- Help Desk – allows IT pros to open, access, edit and manage Spiceworks help desk tickets from their Android mobile device or iPhone.
- Inventory & Monitoring – enables users to view the status of their servers, software applications and cloud services. As a result, IT professionals on the go can stay informed about the health of important network services and devices.
- People View – allows IT pros to access employee contact information from Spiceworks. In addition, they can easily upload employee photos taken with their Android mobile device or iPhone to their Spiceworks user profiles.
- Community of IT Pros – gives users a way to view posts, answer questions, ask for help, and comment on topics that spark their interests from the Spiceworks community of IT pros – all from their Android mobile device or iPhone.
- Low Bandwidth Requirements – because this is a native application, the amount of data sent between the mobile app and Spiceworks is very lean, which means it performs well over a VPN or 3G mobile network.
If you want to get started, you’ll need to to go spiceworks.com and register. After that, download the free app (2.1+) from the Android Market!