Nexus 4G Gets Detailed!
Juicy details regarding the next Nexus device have been released thanks to the guys at Boy Genius Report. The next-gen Nexus device will likely be called the “Nexus 4G”, and it looks to be one monster of a phone.
Here is a quick rundown of specs that BGR released:
- Next-gen dual-core 1.2ghz or 1.5ghz OMAP 4460 or ultra low-power 28nm Krait-based Snapdragon CPU
- 720p HD “monster-sized” screen
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich installed
- no physical buttons (all software based input)
- 4G LTE radio
- 1GB of RAM
- 1080p video recording and video playback
- 1mp front-facing camera, and 5mp rear-facing camera with advanced low-light performance
This new “Nexus” phone should be available by around Thanksgiving. There is a possibility that it might be a carrier-sold and might be as an AT&T-leading LTE device. It could possibly be the flagship 4.0 device as well (like the DROID with Android 2.0 and XOOM with Android 3.0). Either way, this certainly looks to be a device that will generate excitement. Who wants one? This writer does!
You might also like
Late yesterday afternoon, the Boy Genius Report posted a quick blurb that might perk up your ears. According to their sources, Chinese handset maker ZTE is rumored to be working on some high end devices for Verizon.
Looking to go the dirt-cheap route for an Android smartphone? This should suffice.
Google has announced that their Q2 earnings call will be taking place soon. The earnings themselves will be released July 19th, and will be followed by an earnings conference call