Juicy details regarding the next Nexus device have been released thanks to the guys at Boy Genius Report. The next-gen Nexus device will likely be called the “Nexus 4G”, and it looks to be one monster of a phone.
Here is a quick rundown of specs that BGR released:
- Next-gen dual-core 1.2ghz or 1.5ghz OMAP 4460 or ultra low-power 28nm Krait-based Snapdragon CPU
- 720p HD “monster-sized” screen
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich installed
- no physical buttons (all software based input)
- 4G LTE radio
- 1GB of RAM
- 1080p video recording and video playback
- 1mp front-facing camera, and 5mp rear-facing camera with advanced low-light performance
This new “Nexus” phone should be available by around Thanksgiving. There is a possibility that it might be a carrier-sold and might be as an AT&T-leading LTE device. It could possibly be the flagship 4.0 device as well (like the DROID with Android 2.0 and XOOM with Android 3.0). Either way, this certainly looks to be a device that will generate excitement. Who wants one? This writer does!