Track and Share Your Adventures with FollowMe
Going for a hike? Run? Bike ride perhaps? Want to track your trip? How about a statistical rundown? Did you pass a stunning landscape? Want to share a photo? How about a video? Did you encounter steep terrain? Do you want to share a note about it? Okay, okay… enough with the questions, I think you see where I’m going with this, and if you don’t… I’ll email, tweet, facebook and MMS you a detailed track recap via SolidFX’s newest application FollowMe.
FollowMe is a social app that encourages users to create “mini adventure diaries” full of route info, photos, and just about any other point of interest one wishes to share. From start to finish, FollowMe is chock full of trip tracking options:
- Create a track of your adventures
- Attach photos, videos, and messages to your track
- Share your entire track & pictures via Facebook as an album
- Share a single pin with associated pictures and description via Facebook
- Share single pictures via Facebook, Twitter, email, MMS, and more…
- Share your track with pictures & descriptions via email for display in Google Earth
- Nothing is sent to SOLIDFX. You control all your track info and how you wish to share it
- Track statistics are available including distance, time, speed, altitude, etc…
While trip statistics are common place among “trip tracking” apps and are great individual marking tools, it really is FollowMe’s deep media integration that creates a more “real-world,” first person account. “A picture’s worth a thousand words,” and with FollowMe, sharing a trip marked with visual waypoints is a fun and engaging way for those “words” to travel to friends and family. FollowMe is a free pick-up-and-go application without the hindrances of signing up for yet another “social app” site. If you are interested in FollowMe, check out the video preview below and then head on over to the Android Market to download the app. Happy Adventuring!
You might also like
Rdio, looking to keep pace with other players in their space, has announced free internet streaming of radio stations on Android and iOS. With the new feature, Rdio hopes you’ll
A great example of future mobile gaming can be found in the graphically stunning Galaxy On Fire 2 by FISHLAB Entertainment GmbH. Originally released to Sony’s Xperia Play (a single core device), the promise of it coming to Tegra devices quickly became a reality. Introducing Galaxy On Fire 2 THD!
So you’ve got yourself a number of books that you’re reading at home and/or at work on lunch break. The problem, as you see it, is that you’d like to