Galaxy On Fire 2 THD Now Available
A great example of future mobile gaming can be found in the graphically stunning Galaxy On Fire 2 by FISHLAB Entertainment GmbH. Originally released to Sony’s Xperia Play (a single core device), the promise of it coming to Tegra devices quickly became a reality. Introducing Galaxy On Fire 2 THD!
This Tegra optimized action packed RPG shooter features the best in 3D graphics and continues the Galaxy On Fire saga by pitting Keith T. Maxwell against a powerful alien race hellbent on wreaking havoc upon surrounding races. The immense features and cosmic gameplay will keep your eyes glazing and thumbs rocking for hours.
• A huge galaxy with over 20 solar systems and beautifully rendered planets
• 100 unique 3D space stations and more than 30 customizable space ships
• Unique reputation and diplomacy system
• Story-based, mission-based and free gameplay
• Complex trading system with over 170 different commodities of all kinds
• High quality visuals and music, full voice acting (English) and 3D sound
• Action Freeze™: 3D screenshot tool to save screenshots from any perspective and upload them to Facebook™
• OpenFeint integration of leader boards, achievements and saved games
• Supports up to full native 1280 x 800 pixels resolution
While I’m all for kick ass gaming, I am pretty bummed about the whole exclusiveness thing. First it was the Xperia Play and now Tegra devices. I mean, what gives? There are numerous non-Tegra devices out there that would have absolutely no problem running this fantastic game and yet they continue to use marketing ploys to alienate large amounts of possible consumers. Bleh… Some of you will find solice in Chainfire 3D (google it) and others will be left to release their inner Rayge until this nonsense stops.
For all you compatibles out there, head on over to the Android Market or NVIDIA’s Tegra Zone to download and experience GOF2’s first solar system free of charge. After that you will have to shell out around $15 through in-app purchases for the opportunity to bask in all of the glory that is — Galaxy On Fire 2.
You might also like
What happens when you pair a tower defense style of game play with George Romero’s classic title Night of the Living Dead? You get Night of the Living Dead
The Samsung Nexus S and Android 2.3 are set to make their retail debut later this week at a Best Buy near you. If you are thinking of stopping by
As we head into the new year and begin talking about all the wonderful smart phones and tablets in store for consumers. With CES, Mobile World Congress, and CTIA kicking off 2011, we’re going to see plenty of announcements from the various handset makers and carriers. One such carrier, T-Mobile, has committed to a 4G tablet in the coming year.