Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Review, simply put, BUY IT NOW!

These ladies are smiling for a very good reason, and yes it has to do with the awesome tech toys they have in their hands from Samsung.

After the break you will find my video review of the newly released Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.  Long story short?  Run, don’t walk, to your local Best Buy to pick this up if you are in the market for a tablet.  This unit is one of the best that I have been privileged to use that is powered by Android.  Priced at $499 for the 16GB model, this Honeycomb powered bundle of awesomeness is the first tablet that I have seen that has gotten the pricing scheme right, and, if marketed right, will give the iPad a run for it’s money.  Check out the full report after the break.

Check out the video below.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ShuYARoVs0[/youtube]

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4641 posts

Sony Smartwatch 3 and SmartBand Talk renders surface

Sony has already leaked a mysterious smartwatch on their official Facebook page and now we have an image of this watch to share with you. Though the image is kind

As Expected, Number Porting Comes to Google Voice

We can’t say we didn’t see this one coming. Just last week we reported on how a number porting option was found on Google Voice, listed with a $20 fee. Pulled almost as quickly as it was noticed, the feature was expected to be rolled out in short order. And, based on the title of this post, you know the rest of the story.

Looking Forward to the Archos 5 Running Android

The lines are definitely being blurred between mobile internet devices (MID), portable media players (PMP), and netbooks and every other configuration out there, so how do we decide what to

1. Ben Baggley
    June 20, 21:20 Reply

Nice review Ray, really jealous of anyone getting one of these, hah my Xoom is looking chunkier by the minute. One thing you didn’t mention though is this isn’t pure stock Honeycomb is it? The camera app is definitely custom; also isn’t touchwiz going to be added to it at some point? I think its launching with touchwiz here in the UK

• Wingcmdr
      June 21, 03:22 Reply

The latest Android version on the Tab is stock Honeycomb, supposedly there will be an update later with the Samsung stuff/infestation.

2. Mikkel Rasmussen
    June 20, 23:08 Reply

I’m Danish and I’m curious about your dialect. You have a very specific way of saying “there”, is that a state thing or is that just you? 😉 If state, which one? I think I kinda recognise is from JFK but am not sure, sorry about this STUPID question, but really am curious.

• Wingcmdr
      June 21, 03:20 Reply

Funny question.  He sounds like he’s from Massachusetts, the same state that JKF and the Kennedys’ are from.  When he says “hardware,” that is a definite clue, as well as the Boston Wings logo when he showed the camera.

• Ray Walters
      June 21, 05:48 Reply

Not stupid at all.  I am from the Boston area, which is where I get my accent.  Which would fall in line with your JFK theory lol.  Thanks for reading and watching!

• Joey Mauro
        June 21, 11:20 Reply

haha, I KNEW you were from New England… just wasn’t 100% sure where. You could almost pass for someone from southern Maine. The word “hardware” gives you away. :)

3. tyo
    June 21, 00:36 Reply

Nice video ray, I can’t wait any longer to see the device in my country :)

4. Anonymous
    June 21, 04:59 Reply

Please, buy it from anyone but Best Buy. Like, say Amazon. You’ll avoid the sales tax and you won’t support exploitative buttholes who claim they own the word ‘Geek’ and donate heavily to evil causes.

• Anonymous
      June 22, 14:03 Reply

Donate heavily to evil causes?

One Click patent. Go look it up.

5. Guest
    June 21, 10:20 Reply

So you have a plasticy iPad-looking tablet (complete with a proprietary 30-pin connector–  and you wonder why Apple is suing you, Samsung) that runs the garbage known as Honeycomb.  Sorry, but it is.  Got nothing against Android, used a G1 for years and eventually even put Cyanogen Froyo on it before upgrading to my G2, but Honeycomb isn’t going to allow for any “iPad killers”.  Good luck on Icecream Sandwich.

6. coupons australia
    June 21, 12:04 Reply

I use Samsung galaxy tab one of my friend and I fell a great experience and I have a plan to buy it very soon du to its high tech…

7. nicknowsky
    June 21, 12:06 Reply

Again we all know the Asus Transformer is the best and most popular Android tablet. Come on, there hasnt been a device since the ipad that has been completely sold out everywhere and almost impossible to get. Now the Galaxy Tab might be put together a bit better, but again when everyone is using the same EXACT hardware specs?  Im also thinking the Galaxy Tab isnt gonna be hack and XDA friendly due to no SD slot, come on what is this a big nexus S (which I own and love) Whats the deal with Rooting this?

• Shadeoblac
      August 04, 18:14 Reply

Sorry Nick, where there’s a will XDA will find a way. Mine is already rooted and running a custom rom even with a locked bootloader.

8. GMachine.net
    June 21, 12:44 Reply

Keep in mind that most of this review applies to Honeycomb, its not Galaxy Tab specific. Interesting that it doesn’t have the sdcard slot and uses proprietary cables, I mean sounds a lot like  iPad. Still I love my XOOM, even though its becoming an older brother. haha.. Overall a pretty good review!

9. Winston
    June 21, 16:33 Reply

How is this the first tablet to get the pricing scheme right when the Asus Transformer is $100 cheaper?

10. Anonymous
    June 21, 21:39 Reply

Asus Eee Pad Transformer is still better than Galaxy Tab 10.1…  Samsung still sucks on software support!!!

11. sell old cell phones
    June 23, 13:18 Reply

Before a couple of years I don’t like to use Samsung products because one of Samsung mobile phone was troubling from 7th day of purchase,but when my friend gave me explanation my perception will change from that day and I bought galaxy tab before two days..

12. Timtechs
    June 23, 16:12 Reply

Amazing tips about Samsung Galaxy Tab! This post gave me an idea, now I know what kind of tab to buy. :)

13. conference table
    June 24, 07:59 Reply

I wana to watch video of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 but I don’t find here,I think something is wrong here,Ably stuff..

14. wedding dresses shops
    June 29, 09:43 Reply

I already use many Samsung products and I’m satisfied with them but Its a new product in Samsung product list,Let I check the market report to buy it…

15. cash for phone
    June 30, 11:25 Reply

Hey thanks to this valuable info I am waiting from a long time to buy Samsung galaxy tablet because I Samsung is so reliable brand for me and I never find issue with me and I hope its suits on  my personality..

16. perfume shop
    June 30, 13:01 Reply

I bought it on last Sunday and I am facing some problem can you support me,so i’ll discuss with you….

17. Buy CD Key
    July 15, 09:14 Reply

I’ve gone through its features and I find its gives a good competition to Apple product,But both have a different preference and different target audience…..let see results

18. crowd SPRING
    July 18, 06:13 Reply

Wow this Samsung galaxy tab is superb with its awesome and amazing features!The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is now in stores, and reviewers agree ..thats really nice news!

19. Samsung is well renowned brand all over the world but I think its a first step for Samsung in Galaxy Tab and I hope it durable as Samsung mobiles..

20. Joel Villa
    July 31, 04:00 Reply

The things I am most excited for are the dual-core
    processor, the large screen, and 4G. All these things should make streaming
    movies and shows amazing. One app that lets me do this is the DISH Remote
    Access app. As a customer and employee of DISH Network,
    I have been using the DISH Remote Access app on my Galaxy S to stream live TV
    and recorded shows from my 722k receiver that has a Sling Adapter, and I love
    being able to watch TV when and where I want. I paid only $99 for my Sling
    Adapter. However, I know that anyone who has DISH Network can now qualify to
    get a free Sling Adapter!  Here is all the information!

21. skincare
    August 02, 12:10 Reply

The best tab ever! I ham still using this phone for the last 5months and i found it the best! the android platform rocks with the Samsung!

22. Obamasucks
    August 08, 00:08 Reply

Im not happy with mine. Browser crashes, images have wrong thumbnails attached, mpg 4 vids won’t import into stock movie maker program, the crap PowerPoint sw makes it impossible to import a ppt file and keep as sent formatting. Presentations are so screwed up I cannot even edit them without going to my laptop. That was a key reason to buy it. Yes it connects to gmail and plays flash.
    Sounds like time to out it on eBay.

Google you need to get back to work asap.

23. There are limitations to this simulator, meaning that you can’t do whatever you want with it. But all and all, this is great for people wanting to check out Android 3.X.

24. I saw this tab and I’m gonna crazy to buy it soon,Samsung galaxy tab have a very nice and attractive features and I hope it have also durability and sound quality features.

25. bracelets onlne shop
    August 19, 14:07 Reply

Android tablet from Samsung is looking very nice and I go through its features that are also very nice and attractive,Samsung is world renowned brand and I hope Samsung proves his quality in iPad also as they prove in mobile phones…

26. Vaughan Homes for Sale
    August 20, 16:26 Reply

Samsung Galaxy tab is really very nice device and it have all best features with latest technology, Let see its market report..

27. Vaughan Homes for Sale

32. Vaughan Homes for Sale
    August 20, 16:26 Reply

33. Vaughan Homes for Sale
    August 20, 16:26 Reply

34. Mike37
    August 22, 05:30 Reply

I’ve been an iPhone and iPad user for years and I switched my iPhone 4 to a Samsung Galaxy S2 recently and i’m very pleased with it.  I think that both iOS and Android are good, they both have their advantages and draw backs. I like the flexibility and level of customization of Android.    So, thinking that the Galaxy tab 10.1 would nicely replace my iPad 2, I bought one last friday… and i’m ready to return it today.  Such a disappointment. First of all, the UI is not fluid.  Compared with iOS on iPad 2, everything lags, which is not giving a good user experience.  In this area, I think that Android Tablet makers still have a lot of work to do on adjusting their hardware to the software.  The galaxy Tab has higher technical specs than the iPad 2 on the paper but the UI does not reflect this at all. Second, the Market place: few apps optimized for 10″ screens and the quality of the apps are far behind the quality of apps found on the Apple App store.  Third, the 16:9 aspect ratio.  I like to read magazines on my tablet and the 16:9 aspect ratio is definitely not good for this function.  Due to the fact that most magazines have a 4:3 aspect ratio, they are not able to fill the screen, you have to zoom in and out all the time.

35. Fly fishing
    August 29, 11:18 Reply

Pretty good.  Sam sung has launched good varieties  but it might be a good time to give it a try now. Just one concern more is thathow it will depreciate. Hope thats not too fast!

36. eBridge advertising
    August 30, 11:14 Reply

Ya actually this unit is one of the best that I have been privileged to use that is powered by Android…good to read about  Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

37. perfume store
    August 30, 14:19 Reply

It’s just an awesome gadget with many exciting features and there are many apps too in the gadget which lets you go to the seventh cloud.

38. perfume store
    August 30, 14:19 Reply

39. discount coupon
    August 31, 09:44 Reply

Sam sung is so reliable brand .Sam-sung Galaxy tab is really very nice device and It’s just an awesome gadget with many exciting features I hope it durable as Sam sung mobiles..   Like Reply

40. herbal incense wholesale
    August 31, 10:00 Reply

Samsung is very old and successful brand in electronics but its a new in iPad and I hope Samsung provides same quality and durability in iPad also…

41. Max Furniture
    September 05, 16:28 Reply

42. sell cell phones
    September 07, 09:45 Reply

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is an awesome deal…really! with right pricing scheme…and great features..loved this post! so informative and useful one.

43. Johnnybgood
    September 18, 19:27 Reply

Galaxy tab 10.1 is garbage, no readers hub and the games i seen played in the videos don’t work, returned it 5 days later

44. google
    November 07, 05:27 Reply

Samung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is amazing with great features and is powered by Android. It gives a gresat competition to Apple product. i think it will have a good demand in market.

45. Sandrap Howard
    November 07, 06:12 Reply

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is an awesome deal. with cheap rate and wonderful features…

46. PetCareRx Coupon
    November 07, 08:54 Reply

There will always be the argument about whether this device is too big or not?

47. PetCareRx scam
    November 08, 06:00 Reply

Woww… Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is an amazing phone with an awesome application of android. It gives a huge competition to the available brands in cellphone like nokia, apple etc. I will give a  A+ rating to this phone.

48. Total Protect Home Warranty
    November 09, 06:39 Reply

The Tab is amazing and i feel very lucky to have it. It is faster with new apps and screen size is too good to play. I would give a 10 on 10 for it.

49. Alfonso Fanjul
    November 14, 05:47 Reply

You kept your blog very simple which help the masses to understand the information easily. I considered samsung galaxy tab as one of the best privileged to use that is powered by android.

50. Income at Home
    November 22, 06:22 Reply

I was looking for a phone with a application of android but i find samsung galaxy tab a smart buy.  I gonna purchase it as soon as possible.

51.  I know Wirefly has been known to offer a few good deals in the past and often lowering prices on top tier phones to beat out.

52. Radha Madhav Dham
    December 26, 06:27 Reply

Amazing gadget, I find it very useful in every aspect!
    It gives a huge competition to the available brands in cell phones like nokia, apple etc.

53. Wolverine66
    April 30, 22:56 Reply

i just got my galaxy for free from telus.  it is the most useless piece of junk i could have ever imagined.  i seriously would not pay one cent for this thing.  it does nothing well:
     – the internet won’t load linked attachments
     – e-mail is laughably bad, completely and totally unusable
     – the camera is a joke – no zoom
     – figuring out how to delete all the ridiculous “widgets” (how gay is that) took an hour

basically nothing is intuitive or useful

complete and total garbage

what were they thinking?????