[UPDATE] Beta Test This! – Bolt Browser
UPDATE: We’ve just heard from the team behind Bolt, and since you guys have quickly passed to 500 mark, they’ve upped it to 1500! So if you haven’t had a chance to yet, head on over to the download link and give Bolt Browser a try!
We’ve got a special treat for all you AndroidGuys readers out there today. Bolt has gotten in contact with us about the Android version of their award winning mobile browser. It will be in public beta soon, but they’ve given us 500 private beta invites for our readers!
If you’re not familiar with Bolt, its features include:
- Desktop-like web browsing experience
- Social sharing (initially just sms, but the final version will allow direct posting to your favourite social networks)
- Flash and HTML5 videos (select sites only with the beta)
- Geolocation support
- Favorites backup in the Cloud
- Web app gallery with dedicated apps for Twitter, Facebook. etc.
- Touchscreen UI optimization
- Better compression than native browsers, which cuts down on data usage.
All you have to do is point your web browser here, and use the code androidguys.
So, head on over to that link and give Bolt a shot! Be sure to let us know what you think in the comments below or over on our Facebook Wall!
You might also like
HTC has announced the world’s first ever 4G mobile device. HTC has successfully incorporated the features of WiMAX in to the MAX 4G, a device which is said to be
Google today announced a new version of their Google Voice application for Android handsets. This v0.4.2.54 release sees the addition of two key features that center around Android 4.0 devices.
The LG Vortex, that Verizon-bound Android device we told you about, has made another appearance. This time, the Vortex is without its FM Radio feature that was rumored to be