PopCap Games released their third Android game in less than two months today in the form of addictive puzzle game Peggle. Following on the heels of Chuzzle and Plants Versus Zombies, Peggle arrives as a free Amazon Appstore exclusive. Thanks to its nearly 75MB file size, the game must be downloaded across a Wi-Fi connection. It’s also worth noting that Peggle is only available to U.S. residents.
Casual gamers will love the replay value in Peggle as there’s always something you can discover or learn. And thanks to its easy to learn/hard to master gameplay, the game is appealing to all ages. We played around with Peggle this morning and found it worked well on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 even if it wasn’t the sharpest of images. It’s obviously just scaled up to fit larger screens but doesn’t have quite the grain we saw in Plants Versus Zombies. Perhaps one day PopCap Games will release HD or tablet-optimized versions of their Android games.
Features in Peggle:
- Master 55 levels and 75 Grand Master challenges
- Discover your powers and develop precision in Adventure mode
- Pick your level in Quick Play or Challenge mode, or take on your friends and family in Duel Mode
- Fine-tune your aim for masterful shots, save and replay your memorable moments
- Use cool style shots–like Off the Wall, Double Long Shot, and Extreme Slides–to rack up more bonus points
Read more about Peggle on the Amazon Appstore page.