TiVo App For Android Coming Soon?
All you patient Android users waiting on an official TiVo app might not have to wait much longer. According to a full-page TiVo advertisement found in the latest issue of CEPro’s magazine, the TiVo app will be coming “soon” to Android OS products.
Exactly what “Android OS products” it will be coming to remains a mystery, as does the specifics of what features the app will include. The statement does come after a reference to the TiVo app for Apple’s iPad so one can assume the Android version will include the same features.
If we assume this to be true, Android users will soon be able to enjoy:
- View full-screen program guides and explore cast and crew information without ever interrupting the show you’re watching
- Browse your recorded shows or search across broadcast TV and TiVo’s premium web partners
- Easily post comments or recommendations about what you’re watching on your Facebook or Twitter accounts
- When you find a show you want to watch, simply flick it and it begins playing on your TV
- While on the road, manage your Season Pass® recordings and To-Do List, or simply browse content and schedule recordings
The app is available for free to iPad users so it will most likely be free for Android users as well. If the iPad app requirements remain the same, Android users will have to have one of the following TiVo hardware platforms: TiVo® Premiere & Premiere XL (Series4 only) running TiVo software version 14.7 or later.
Unfortunately that’s all the info we have for now and while it doesn’t say much, it at least indicates that they have been working on a TiVo app for Android and that it should be coming “soon.”
You might also like
Facebook on Thursday announced that Facebook for Android Beta testers will be able to check out posts and photos and posts from Flickr, Pinterest, Tumblr and Instagram on their Home
In preparation for tonight’s podcast, we’d like to see what your favorite Android application is when it comes to food. Do you use it to count calories? Does it help