Sprint to Continue Evo 3D Bloatware Policy With Future Devices

It would seem that one of the carriers has finally heard the cry for no bloatware, as Sprint is planning to continue the policy of allowing users to remove bloatware apps on future devices. This all started with the Evo 3D, when Sprint gave owners the option of uninstalling bloatware, such as the Sprint Nascar app, from the device without the need for root. Sprint apparently did this after getting customer feedback about bloatware on past Android devices, such as the Evo 4G and Epic 4G, and it looks like they’ll be continuing this policy for future devices.

We haven’t heard about implementing this option into older devices, but we’ll try to get some more details. In the meantime, are you glad that Sprint is listening to customers and giving them the option to remove bloatware? Wish you carrier was as awesome? Sound off in the comments below, or on our Facebook Wall!

Source Mobile Burn

Justin Marden
Justin Marden 488 posts

I've been an Android fanboy since day one, but I've never had a chance to truly express my voice and be a part of the Android Community. When AndroidGuys starting accepting applications for interns, I saw my opportunity. I joined the AndroidGuys team and haven't looked back!

New and Improved Evernote 2.0

Evernote has released a new work-up of their app!  Evernote allows users to “TAG” favorite web pages, photos,notes and upload/store them online for access anywhere you have the web. With

Samsung’s YP-MB2 Yepp Media Player in the Wild

The first real world look at the upcoming media player shows us that the YP-MB2 is very much a Samsung Galaxy device.

Sholes: About that Name

How about a little light-hearted, interesting bit of triva to pass along today?  There’s a Motorola handset rumored to be landing on Verizon’s network later this year that goes by

1. Anonymous
    June 24, 18:27 Reply

That’s stunning.  Never thought I’d see a carrier do that.

2. Chris Ferguson
    June 24, 18:32 Reply

I just called them to thank them personally…they really have been doing better and better lately!

3. Vgamer4550
    June 24, 18:34 Reply

Its about time, I would actually like to see the statistics that say that anything comes of having all that bloatware on our devices.  This in an of itself might prevent people from feeling the need to root just to get away from these unwanted programs.

Thanks Sprint for finally listening.

4. Vgamer4550
    June 24, 18:34 Reply

Thanks Sprint for finally listening.

• Anonymous
      June 24, 19:10 Reply

Granted, most people don’t want or use the program, but carriers preload them onto devices in the hopes that they’ll be opened, and the user can be charged for whatever service that app provides. Hence the reason AT&T phones have AT&T Nav, even though Google Maps Navigation is free and works perfectly fine. It’s amazing what carriers will do to gain revenue.

5. Anonymous
    June 24, 19:17 Reply

More and more reasons for me to switch to sprint. Get the Nexus 3 first and you have yourself a new customer. I am alraedy making plans to leave T-Mo if they are bought out by AT&T so it looks to only be amatter of time. My biggest beef with sprint is that i want a SIM CARD Phone. Not a fan of CDMA and not being able to switch phones as i please.

6. Josh
    June 25, 06:03 Reply

They deserve MAJOR props for this. I would be switching to sprint right now if I got reception where I live :(

7. Morto00x
    June 26, 04:24 Reply

So I was able to remove the Nascar app, but most of the apps can’t be removed. Really misleading