Droid Incredible 2 Gets Gingerbread Update
In terms of Android updates, Verizon has started off the week with a bang. Following directly on the heels of yesterday’s maintenance release for the HTC Thunderbolt, the Gingerbread update has arrived for the HTC Droid Incredible 2. Customers can manually download and install the 2.18.605.4 build which is roughly 116 MB in size. Total time from start to finish should be between 15-20 minutes.
Features in Droid Incredible 2 update:
- Email and Messaging
- Overall improvements to the performance of Mobile IM.
- Resolved Hotmail sync & connect issues when setting up a one day sync.
- Call Features
- Improvements to device connectivity when roaming on global
- GSM/UMTS networks.
- Device Features
- Download Manager App:
- New App to manage all of your downloads from web browsing and other apps.
- App and Power Management Details:
- Under Manage Applications, a new “Running” tab displays a list of active applications and the storage and memory being used by each.
- Improved Word Selection and Copy Functionality:
- New capability to select a word via press-hold. A second press of the selected word copies the selected characters.
- Alarm notifications will be turned off while in Emergency Mode.
- Improved stability reduces device resets & lockups.
- NY Times website has been added to the browser bookmarks.
- Addition of the Wireless Charging UI (including Wallpaper and popups when the device is charging wirelessly).
- New Desktop Dock App.
You might also like
A number of unannounced LG smartphones discovered in recent benchmark tests are leading many to believe the handset maker could soon introduce a gang of models. And, with Mobile World
Verizon Wireless on Thursday began selling the Kyocera Brigadier, a rough and tumble smartphone with a Sapphire display. Able to withstand more than your typical glass screen, Sapphire should make
Alright, so you have the Android phone – and you kind of know how to use it – but what’s next? If you really LOVE Android, like many of us, it’s