One of my favorite things to do when watching television is to pull out my Android phone or tablet to check out the Internet Movie Database. Whether it’s trying to find the name of that guy in the background or just browsing the trivia, IMDb always enhances my movie and TV experience. I’ve been using the app for as long as I can remember and it was one of the first I downloaded when I got on the Honeycomb train. And for an app that was never really optimized for 3.0+ devices, it was sharp and put together rather well.
Today sees the release of IMDb 2.0 in the Android Market and it’s a major step forward for an already terrific app. From the moment you log in on a tablet, you will see that the developers have changed the game up. There’s a gorgeous new UI, bug fixes, added features, and a bunch of other stuff tucked away. I encourage any and all Honeycomb tablet owners to download and install IMDb 2.0 as soon as you can. Hit the break to download directly from within this post!
New features in IMDb 2.0
- Now available on Android tablets!
- Login and rate movies from 1 (awful) to 10 (great)!
- Watchlist on the phone: Create and maintain a Watchlist, where you can track movies and TV shows that interest you. Only available for phone; coming soon on tablet.
- Enhanced Showtimes Listings: Search for movie theaters based on distance from your location.
- Purchase movie tickets through our partner movietickets.com
- Magical Search: Get search results as you type.
- Improved cache performance
- Additionally, we’ve fixed most known bugs and optimized the app’s performance.