A brand spanking new version (1.9) of Ustream has arrived in the Android Market and it brings a significant number of improvements along for the ride. As you can tell from the headline, Android tablets running 3.0+ will now find the app works terrific. Users will now be able to broadcast and view Ustream videos from anywhere and everywhere, taking advantage of the front-facing cameras found on many tablets.
Ustream is available a a free download and works on all devices running Android 2.1 or higher. Break on through to find an exhaustive list of features and download links.
- No longer be tethered to your PC as you go live from your Honeycomb Tablet…USTREAM EVERYWHERE!
- Includes an intuitively placed control panel for comfortable broadcasting
- Broadcast and interact instantly with a touch of a button to all Ustream applications including: Android smartphones, Honeycomb tablets, iPhone, Windows Phone, desktop browsers, Google TV, Boxee, Panasonic Viera Cast, Ustream Lounge, and Ustream for Facebook
- Broadcast using front and rear facing cameras
- Choose to go live then save the broadcast OR simply record locally and upload your videos at a later time
- Activate your Ustream Crowd, Facebook and Twitter communities to your scheduled events and before going live from your Android device
- Real-time interaction with viewers through chat and Social Stream while broadcasting live
- Poll your audience at any time and measure responses
- Discover featured live, upcoming, recent events, recommended broadcasts or explore by category
- Swipe through a featured carousel that showcases premium broadcasts by category/interest
- Browse show profiles and register for upcoming event alerts
- Search for live, recorded, and upcoming events as well as users through the search panel
- Access an At-A-Glance view of your favorite Ustream content
- Join Crowds and receive email alerts from your favorite broadcasters before they go live
- Enjoy live and share recorded programs with your friends through Facebook and Twitter