Android 3.2 to Bring Official Netflix Support to ASUS Transformer?

Netflix has been both a blessing and a curse since the release of the Android app. It originally only worked on a handful of devices, until someone discovered that by simply installing the apk, it was very functional on many Android tablets. Sadly, the unrooted Transformer owners were left in the dark, as the app isn’t yet compatible with the tablet. That may change when the Transformer gets some Android 3.2 love, as Droid-Life is reporting. Now, this is only a rumor, but the image below comes from the Asus Transformer spec page, and the “Special Apps” more or less speak for themselves.

We haven’t heard anything from Asus as far as a timeframe for the update goes, but it is listed as “coming soon”, so we’re betting that Transformer users will have their precious Netflix support within the coming months. With that being said, how many Transformer owners do we have out there? Are you excited to be getting Android 3.2 soon? Drop a comment below!

Justin Marden
Justin Marden 488 posts

I've been an Android fanboy since day one, but I've never had a chance to truly express my voice and be a part of the Android Community. When AndroidGuys starting accepting applications for interns, I saw my opportunity. I joined the AndroidGuys team and haven't looked back!

LG G Watch R due October 14

LG’s first Android Wear smartwatch to feature a circular display, the G Watch R, is expected to go on sale next week. According to the hardware maker, the G Watch

Flappy Bird returns in Amazon Fire TV exclusive ‘Flappy Birds Family’

Six months ago, the only game that anyone wanted to talk about was Flappy Bird.You couldn’t go anywhere without reading some story about how many downloads the game had or

Sony Ericsson Sponsoring Android Development Contest

Sony Ericsson appears to be very serious about their plans with Android.  Rather than just releasing a handset or two with the platform, they’re taking their cause straight to developers.

1. Luke Williams
    July 25, 16:46 Reply

I’m more excited by the prospect of a miniHDMI to vga cable, which only asus italy seems to of heard of. Any news on that?

But yes, 3.2 please!

• Justin Marden
      July 25, 17:10 Reply

Luke: Sadly we haven’t heard anything about the cable, but we’re just as excited as you are for the concept!

• Justin Marden
      July 25, 17:10 Reply

• Justin Marden
      July 25, 17:10 Reply

• Anonymous
      July 25, 17:44 Reply

But will it do anything other than mirroring? would like to control resolution if possible.

2. Ron
    July 25, 16:56 Reply

I’m always excited to get any updates for my TF…especially the one that will fix the dock charging issue.

3. Anonymous
    July 25, 17:35 Reply

started using the AT w/dock last week after spending 6 months with an ipad. goodbye ipad! can’t wait for 3.2

4. Anonymous
    July 25, 17:35 Reply

5. Anonymous
    July 25, 17:35 Reply

6. OutstandingO
    July 25, 17:59 Reply

I am actually excited about getting netlix on the Transformer.  I was actually surprised that the .apk wasn’t Transformer ready from the beginning.  As much as this is good news, it’s a damn shame that we’re still left to play the waiting game.

7. Billingsgate
    July 25, 20:46 Reply

I would be if I hadn’t cancelled the streaming service at the great price raising Netflix dropped on us.

8. meh
    July 25, 21:55 Reply

First Netflix ‘improved’ their interface.  Now they’ve raised there rates.   Now, finally an android app, meh.   I guess better late than never.

9. Anonymous
    July 26, 02:17 Reply

Have a 32GB TF101 and I can’t wait for the 3.2 update. As far as Netflix goes, I can take it or leave it.. It would be nice though to watch movies on my Transformer as the screen is generous in size.

10. Jeremy Collake
    July 26, 19:53 Reply

Netflix shmetflix. Finding anything available for streaming that I’d like to watch became so impossible I finally cancelled it. Everything I liked was DVD only. It seems their agreements with the media conglomerates are breaking down or something.