Sidekick 4G Gets Software Update, Not Gingerbread

We’re just full of update news today, aren’t we? This one is for Sidekick 4G owners, as a software update is available for the device. Before you ask, no, this isn’t Gingerbread. It’s a maintenance update, including bug fixes and enhancements based on feedback reported by customers. It’s supposed to improve overall performance, as well as speed and general usability, but we’ll let you be the judge of that. T-Mobile started rolling out the update last week, so if you haven’t gotten it yet, it’s only a matter of time.

So, who hasn’t gotten the software update yet? If you have, then tell us what you think. Do you notice any improvements? Sound off in the comments below!

Source TmoNews

Asad Rafi
Asad Rafi 725 posts

Back in 2011, Asad started as an intern at AndroidGuys, and today he is one of the youngest and active members of the team. He's writing about Android from almost 4 years, and when he is not doing that, he is either watching Suits, Breaking Bad, watching a Manchester United game, or just studying..

Galaxy Nexus Spotted in Internal Sprint Document?

A leaked Sprint shipping list shows a poster for the “Nexus Prime,” which could mean that the Now Network will be getting the Galaxy Nexus in the near future.

Watch Live Streams on Your Android Handsets with Stickam

Stickam, an online video streaming service, has announced that all Java-enabled phones will be able to stream video over the web.   According to them, Stickam Mobile is available to over

ADC2: Some Random Suggestions

ADC2 is right around the corner. Here are some tips for your contest entry, in today’s episode of Building ‘Droids!

1. Anthony E
    July 25, 22:17 Reply

Ive noticed some improvements on the track pad not too much on the speed or the messeging.

2. pc game keys
    July 26, 09:18 Reply

I think it is so good and it’s supposed to improve overall performance, as well as speed and general usability.

3. Allan
    July 28, 01:12 Reply

All the update has done is freeze my phone almost every single time I unlock it and close apps while I’m trying to use them. Another update needs to come out to fix the problems that weren’t here before the update.

• Emanuelieta
      August 06, 03:31 Reply

that is EXACTLY what is happening to me…. its driving me crazyyyyyyyyyyyyy

4. Cb
    July 31, 17:23 Reply

The update just freezes my phone and delays messaging from coming up. Also many apps force quit… Awful update!

5. Addison
    August 06, 20:09 Reply

Idk what people be trippin so hard about. This update has made my phone much more stable. Before the update it use to freeze up and lag all the time (partly due to the massive load of apps and widgets I use), but since the update I have haven’t had any of the usual problems with it. Nice going T-mobile!! This is like my Sidekick should have been running when I pulled her out of the box.

• Alex
      August 09, 17:39 Reply

where do you get the update from??
      I want to update my phone.

6. Spencer
    August 06, 20:34 Reply

How do u turn off 4G ever since I updated the mobile connection is gone

7. Pira
    August 06, 21:39 Reply

My phone used to freeze lag and force close things but after the update everythings smoother and more usable…but one thing I don’t like about the update is that it takes away the ability to turn of f the 4g with the power button…now I don’t know how to turn it off now :(

8. Akl0
    August 14, 10:12 Reply

This is a crappy so-called update. I get force quit and freezes on about everything I do on my SK. my SK work perfectly fine before the update, there needs to be a fix for this so-called fix.

9. Nick
    August 31, 02:00 Reply

Ah, damn update messed up my sidekick

10. Idalia Diaz
    September 01, 16:44 Reply

My cell phone freezes and shuts off I hate this cell phone its suppose to be 4g fast but its slower than my 3g!!! SUCKS!

11. Fr