Droid X2 Gingerbread Update On the Horizon
Verizon Wireless dropped a couple Motorola Droid X2 software update pdfs onto the site exposing what should be a “very soon” Gingerbread update. While this update will bring Droid X2 users the many enhancements that come with Gingerbread, it is also set to fix numerous issues:
- Improvements in screen display reduce screen locking up and turning black
- HDMI indicator clears if cable is connected and an application is started
- No longer receive duplicate SMS messages
- After Mobile Directory Number (MDN) change, device no longer
performs data reset
- On the home screen, icons and widgets display properly
- Fixed interruption when unlocking device
- Improved stability reduces device reset
- Correct device battery percentage is displayed
- VZ Navigator works simultaneously with Wi-Fi
- When device is placed in car dock, device no longer plays loud sound
- Receive MMS sound notifications while on a call
Users will also be treated to the newest version of Blur, the same version found on the Motorola Droid 3. The update hasn’t started rolling out just yet but keep your eyes peeled for it is sure to be on its way. Follow the link below for more information about the Droid X2 software update and its enhancements.
Source: Verizon Wireless
You might also like
Razer are creating a micro-console that will be powered by Android TV, allowing users to stream movies, music, and other apps for entertainment on the large-screen, the company announced today.
We love them. Google loves them. We buy them by the box, Google buys them by the pallet.
Sony Ericsson’s CEO, Bert Nordberg, was recently interviewed by the Wall Street Journal where he spilled a few details on the rumored PlayStation Phone. When pressed about the device, Nordberg said, “…there’s a lot of smoke, and I tell you there must be a fire somewhere.”