Enhance Your Television Experience with IntoNow by Yahoo!
Yahoo! has dropped another app into the Android Market today with the release of the television-centric IntoNow. Ever walk into someone’s living room and wonder what show they were watching? IntoNow will tell you the name of the show, the episode title and synopsis, cast info, and more details from just about anything that’s crossed your TV over the last five years. We just tried this with a few shows on our DVR and it recognized every single one, even stuff from just last night. By the way, Storage Wars was fantastic as always.
A simple press of the green button shows the app listening to the TV, much like Shazam or SoundHound does for music. Once identified, it gives users the ability to share results over Facebook, twitter, search IMDb for additional information, and much more. You can also follow friends to see what they are watching, leave comments, add shows and movies to your Netflix DVD Queue/Instant Queue.
Simply put, this is one of those apps that “wow” you. Try it a few times and watch how incredible the system is and how much cooler your TV experience gets! IntoNow is free to download and works on all devices running Android 2.1 or higher.
Features of IntoNow include:
- Identify live TV, or anything that’s run on TV in the last five years, from your television, computer or mobile device.
- Get full episode and cast information.
- Receive notifications when your friends are watching the same episode or show.
- One-click access to IMDb so you can learn more.
- Add new friends using Facebook, Twitter, or “search by name.”
- Discover new shows by exploring what other friends are watching
- Comment on what friends are watching – within the app, or on Facebook and Twitter
- Add shows and movies to Netflix DVD Queue or Instant Queue with a single tap
You might also like
AT&T recently confirmed that they will be launching the Samsung Galaxy S III soon, which is a yet another amazing device from the Korean giant. Though we can’t forget the
It seems like we were just talking about hitting 30,000 apps only a few days ago, doesn’t it? Well, the semi-official word out of Google today is that the Android
Supermono Studios and Gray Fin Studios have collaborated to bring their popular iPhone title, MiniSquadron, to the Android Market. Dedicated to giving Android users the best experience, the two have done everything they can to ensure this isn’t just a generic port of an existing game.