T-Mobile G2 Finally Gets Gingerbread Update
The T-Mobile G2 joins the G2X as back-to-back handsets to receive their Gingerbread software updates. This update breathes a bit of new life into the handset that has been out nearly a year. As the true successor to the first ever Android handset, we’re glad to see the update arrive, even if it took a bit longer than we would have liked. Hit the break to see some of the features in the Gingerbread update for one of our favorite sliding QWERTY handsets on the market.
Features and improvements in the G2 Gingerbread update:
- New features:
- Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread)
- Tell HTC app
- Google Books added
- Notification bar color scheme is changed to black
- New battery indicator, phone, and web icons
- Color-coded network icon and signal indicator added. Green when connected to Google servers. Grey when not connected.
- Pressing the power key while on a call disables the proximity sensor
- Wi-Fi calling improvements
- New SMS and email notification improvements
- Improvements to sending MMS from the Gallery
You might also like
LG has scheduled a press event for May 30 where it is being assumed the handset maker will announce the LG Optimus G2. Details, according to TechRadar, are rather light
The Amazon store for Android apps is practically a certainty at this point. NDA’s are being sent out, facts and figures are being whispered, and tech blogs are going crazy.
Boost Mobile takes to the stage tomorrow night where they are expected to announce the Samsung Galaxy Prevail. Well, that and some other stuff, but you don’t care about the