Bigwords App Launched for Android, Treat for College Students
If you recently got an admission in a college and you are getting ready to get some very expensive, heavy, cumbersome books, then this news might help you. BIGWORDS, a textbook aggregator website for college students looking to buy or rent new and used paper books and electronic books.
After having been around for iPhone and iPad for a while now, BIGWORDS finally launched an Android application for college students which will help to save money for more important things. On average, users can save $225 on their book purchases should they go through BIGWORDS. The Android app is available for phones as well as tablets and can be downloaded it from the Android Market by hitting this link. Press release after the break.
BIGWORDS.com Announces New Android App to Help College Students Buy and Sell Text Books Dirt Cheap
Leading Text Book Aggregator Rolls out Android App for Smartphones and Tablets that is Immediately Available on Android Market
ANNAPOLIS, MD, July 27, 2011 – BIGWORDS.com, a leading text book aggregator, today announced the availability of the BIGWORDS Android app, a mobile application that enables college students to purchase, rent and sell new, used and electronic textbooks at incredibly low prices. The app is downloadable at Android Market.
Features of the BIGWORDS Android app for textbooks include:
- Automatically calculates all the latest promotions and coupons
- Automatically calculates shipping
- Allows you to ignore any copy or seller – the app will find the next copy
- Set your own shipping speed
- Select whether to include used, marketplaces, international editions, rentals, or guaranteed buybacks
- Affinity program support for programs like Amazon Prime, Barnes and Noble Membership, half.com, etc.
- Buy from the merchants inside the app, or email a link to yourself
- Share feature allows you to send bookbags to friends or other students
- Textbook Buyback feature allows you to compare offers from companies ready to buy your books at the end of the term, getting you about 75% back!
BIGWORDS already has a similar app for iPhone and iPad that was launched last year with overwhelming success (tens of thousands of downloads). This latest Android app from BIGWORDS is a response to tons of customer requests for an Android version of the application. The Android app is available for review and is available immediately on Android Market.
You might also like
So, you get a new pair of Google Glasses. What’s the first thing you do? Tear it apart piece by piece, of course. Well, that’s what the folks over at
We received a pair of tips this morning about an advertisement for the Swiss Broadcasting Corporation’s iPad application. Now, we don’t have any idea what those guys do over there, but we get the sense they are the NPR of Switzerland (Correct us if you know better). Watch the short video below and you’ll see their version of the history of Switzerland, acted out with cute little cartoon-y characters. The clip, designed to help pitch their iPad app, has an awesome easter egg.
If you are a person who loves saving money and doesn’t like to miss good deals, then there’s an app for that, and a good one. I’m sure you people