Verizon Roadmap Through Early 2012 Leaked
Verizon’s smart phone plans for the next six months have just been spilled online and it’s got a whole bunch of Android. IGN has obtained a copy of the carrier’s roadmap as it pertains to the time frame of September through January of next year and was more than happy to share it. Looking through the image above, there’s a handful of new stuff hitting our radars for the first time. Let’s get right into it!
- September 08 – Droid Bionic (Hardly a secret detail to be found here)
- September 08 – Samsung Stratosphere (Possibly the successor to 2010’s Fascinate, features Android 2.3 and 4G LTE. May be Galaxy S II)
- September 08 – Motorola XOOM 4G LTE (The version of the tablet that should have been here long ago)
- September 29 – Samsung Illusion (Android 2.3 handset with 3G connectivity. Could be the sliding QWERTY guy we’ve seen recently)
- September 29 – HTC Bliss (Android 2.3, female-oriented device)
- October 06 – HTC Vigor (Expected to replace the HTC Thunderbolt)
- October 20 – LG Revolution 2 (Expected to replace the LG Revolution)
- November XX – Samsung Galaxy Tab P8 (4G tablet, possibly the Galaxy Tab 8.9)
- January XX – Samsung Plato (Launch moved to January, could be VZW’s first Ice Cream Sandwich device)
So there you have it, a mix of confirmations of previously leaks with a bit of new stuff for good measure. We might be watching grass grow for the next few weeks but once school gets started, things look to be full throttle for the next months.
Are you surprised to see phones like the Thunderbolt and Revolution getting phased out less than a year after they arrived? How do you feel about accelerated life cycles? Did you notice that the Dinara was not listed among the details here? Maybe it’s beyond January?
You might also like
Acer, keeping rather busy in the runup to CES 2014, has introduced a second Android-powered all-in-one device. This time, we’re not looking at something designed to stay in one place;
Back in September, Samsung officially announced the Galaxy Note II for all the 4 major and one regional network of USA. T-mobile said that it will be out this fall,
Sorry, but we have to throw some cold water all over your Philips V808 hopes.Â We just learned of this handset a few days ago so it’s not exactly like