Maintenance Update Rolling Out to Motorola Xoom

We’ve just gotten word from Verizon that they’re in the process of rolling out a software update for Xoom users. There are quite a few goodies in store, namely:

• Enhanced SD card support
  • Movie rental improvements
  • Improved streaming for movies
  • Screen scaling compatibility mode
  • Enhanced Exchange ActiveSync

For now, it appears that this update is specifically for Verizon Xoom owners, although it may hit WiFi-only users at a later time. It’s rolling out via an OTA, so keep your eyes on that Xoom of yours for an update notification. You can also check for it manually by going to Settings, About Tablet, to System Updates.

So has anyone gotten the update yet? What do you think? Sound off in the comments below!

Thanks to Albert for the tip!

Source Verizon

Justin Marden
Justin Marden 488 posts

I've been an Android fanboy since day one, but I've never had a chance to truly express my voice and be a part of the Android Community. When AndroidGuys starting accepting applications for interns, I saw my opportunity. I joined the AndroidGuys team and haven't looked back!

BGR Continues to Tease With Droid Gallery

Don’t ask us how, but Boy Genius Rerport has been pretty much the only source for Verizon Droid details these last few weeks.  Whether it’s pictures, videos, or hands-on impressions,

Android 2.1 Plans “Going Very Well” for Sprint

A member of the Sprint team took to their official message board to bring everyone up to speed in terms of their Android efforts.  As you may know, the carrier

Samsung Unveils Refreshed Galaxy S II, Galaxy Tab 8.9 with LTE Support

We had been hearing that Samsung was prepping a refreshed version of their fast-selling Galaxy S II for IFA later this week in Berlin, and now it’s official. Samsung announced

1. Ares
    August 06, 06:57 Reply

I think the Xoom is equipped a powerful CPU to ensure its speed of processor, just like other Motorola products. I do admire that!

2. Dsds1626
    August 06, 09:26 Reply

Whether you need.Gets into our website for a minute that uses you.
    We are international trade. We offer grade a quality product only. Our products are authentic quality with original box .No matter what reason it is. buy from us will have much more confidence ! So, please don’t hesitate, just contact us for details! We will be your reliable business partner!Hope you guys will enjoy by online shopping without much disturbances

3. Hokie
    August 06, 21:36 Reply

Zoom doesn’t work on movies. Bummer.

4. Hokie
    August 06, 21:36 Reply

Zoom doesn’t work on movies. Bummer.

5. Hokie
    August 06, 21:36 Reply

Zoom doesn’t work on movies. Bummer.

6. Mike984
    August 07, 05:34 Reply

…may be hiiting wifi xooms at a later date…
    Ha. Do your homework this is the 3.2 update wifi xooms got weeks ago.

7. Jessica
    August 08, 02:53 Reply

Motorola Xoom is really a good device but there do have some shorcomings that needed to be improved…

8. Vswebspace
    August 16, 08:13 Reply

hey I Like this Post

Thank You so for Share http://www.mp3fundoo.com

9. Bill Routzahn
    September 02, 15:33 Reply

Updated my Xoom and my complaint is when I loaded my company files (word, excel, pdf files) the Xoom doesn’t recognize them. Put the sd card in a Samsung and it did. So, I’m not happy with the update.
    Also, removed all of my email accounts as they still have not resolved the Delete All. Have to manually check each email to delete then when it goes to the trash folder have to repeat the same function. So these are big issues to me and I have reported to bother Motorola and Verizon to no avail.