Rumor: First Ice Cream Sandwich Devices to Arrive in October

According to information passed to Boy Genius Report, the first devices to run Ice Cream Sandwich should be arriving as soon as October.  Google has reportedly pushed the launch up in an effort to subvert any iPhone 5 defectors.  We’ve been expecting to see ICS announced in the next few months with handsets rumored to arrive in time for the holidays but we’re not gonna complain about getting new Android early.  Hopefully additional details trickle out quickly in the next few weeks and we get specific product info.

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6574 posts

Galaxy S II and Galaxy Note ICS update to be released in March?

It seems that Samsung is working on Ice Cream Sandwich for the Galaxy S II and Galaxy Note, as Eldar Murtazin is saying that Sammy will launch the update for

Pulse Officially Announced for T-Mobile UK

T-Mobile UK has announced the launch of the T-Mobile Pulse. Manufactured by Huawei, it marks the first pay-as-you-go handset to run Android. Available in October, it is will cost £179.99

Sony Confirms S1, S2 Tablets with Announcement

Sony confirmed the existence of two rumored Android 3.0 tablets today with a press release for their new “Sony Tablet”. Yup, that’s the name, for now. Engadget pretty much nailed

1. Davest
    August 09, 16:36 Reply

Damn…I’m stuck in Upgrade Lock.  When I became eligible in July to upgrade my OG Droid, I was waiting for the Droid 3 to come out at the end of the month.  When it became clear that it wasn’t going to be *close* to cutting edge, I decided to wait for the Bionic to come out in August, then September.  Now, great new things are expected for October.

• Davest
      August 09, 16:37 Reply

I know I’ll have to pull the trigger eventually, but this is getting a little frustrating. : /

• LoverBoyV
        August 09, 18:58 Reply

Go for the next nexus. Nothing better than a good stock experience. And no locked bootloader or hard to reach root. :)

• Luis Garcia
        August 09, 19:36 Reply

I am in the same boat as you! I recently rooted my OG Droid cuz i was tired of waiting! I do still want the Bionic though…..  mainly cuz I want the webtop and the specs are top notch minus the Galaxy S II but whats .2 MHz….  So many choices but the Bionic still seems to be the one…. not quite sure though…

• Luis Garcia
      August 09, 16:39 Reply

What makes you think that the Bionic will not be updated to Ice Cream?

2. Anonymous
    August 10, 05:46 Reply

What I don’t get is the whole getting people coming off the two year contract thing, maybe thats good for Verizons point of view for a new contract, and yes if people stay with the same phone until the contract ends..          http://bit.ly/r5oZ92

3. Anonymous
    August 14, 20:57 Reply

When Google rushed Honeycomb to let the Xoom compete with the Ipad2, it didn’t help sales, and it led to platform fragmentation and a closed-source version of Android. So what if some people jump ship to the iphone5 … a good ICS will lead to *many* iphone-class devices for android.