Millennial Media Releases 50th SMART Report
Millennial Media has released their 50th edition of the Scorecard for Mobile Advertising Reach and Targeting (S.M.A.R.T.) report, and looks back at how the mobile advertising industry has evolved. Compiling data from tens of billions of monthly ad impressions on their network, it’s a great litmus test of the changing mobile landscape. We’ll not bore you with how the sausage is made but we’ll give ya a few Android tidbits worth noting.
- In the first (March 2009) report Android had one phone on the list of the top 20 devices, the HTC G1.
- Android’s impression share in March 2009 was 1.33 percent whereas today it is at 54 percent.
- Android now has 16 of the top 20 handsets on the report.
- HTC has moved from #8 in handset vendors to #4 today, largely on the back of Android
- Huawei is now in top 10 of hardware makers (#8) thanks to an Android presence.
- Touch only devices make up 60 percent of the network today, up from 33 percent in 2009
You might also like
While Sprint is just starting to launch LTE devices, Verizon is expanding its already existing LTE network, and it looks like 27 lucky markets are going to get a taste
The Country’s Best Yogurt is no stranger to frozen yogurt (Froyo) as it’s part of what makes up their delicious menu. Thus, they were only too tickled by the Android
Mobile startup announces a secure, cloud-based platform that brings a full suite of business apps to your personal phone. Tell your IT guy to keep the BlackBerry, you’ve got all you need with your Android.