Taste of Home’s Recipe App Helps you Make the Most of Your Seasonal Ingredients
Popular food and entertaining brand “Taste of Home” has released a pretty amazing recipe app to Android and my stomach couldn’t be happier. As you may already know, we here at Android Guys encourage the saying “The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach,” and we have even gone so far as to help all you kitchen-challenged geeks by posting the Sixteen Essential Cooking Apps for Your Android Device. If this next app had been out before the article was written it would have definitely made the list.
Taste of Home for Android brings a very important feature to your kitchen. Instead of spitting out hundreds of recipes that include ingredients that will have your local market owner shaking his head, they focus more around ingredients in season and local to you. Simply allow the app to find your location or search various locations manually. Once your location is found the app will list all the various produce that are in season along with a plethora of recipes and ratings. I’m really keen on this feature but don’t let me stop here because Taste of Home for Android has much more:
- Featured Recipes and Collections – Displayed within the Seasonal tab on the Taste of Home app are Featured Collection and Featured Recipe sections, providing relevant recipes for holiday-inspired or seasonal meals. The recipe collections appear in a Bookshelf element, which uses an intuitive selection process and provides indicators of which collections are newly available.
- Recipe Showdown – Taste of Home editors will select seasonal recipes to contend against one another each week. The app users can vote for their favorite and then view the corresponding images and recipes. Home cooks are encouraged to weigh in on their favorite dish each week.
- Recipe Options – The Taste of Home app allows users to easily find and follow recipes at the tap of a finger. Recipes in Summary view provide an image, brief description, important nutritional information (including calorie, fat, cholesterol, sodium, fiber, carbohydrate and protein counts) and rating of the recipe, provided by the Taste of Home web community. If the user chooses to learn more about the recipe, the Directions view includes servings, prep time, ingredients and easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions. Sharing options include adding the recipe to the user’s Favorites, Email or Share with Facebook.
- Facebook – The Taste of Home brand has a large and loyal Facebook following, and the app was designed to interact with that community seamlessly. In addition to sharing recipes via Facebook, Taste of Home cooks may also view the Taste of Home Fan page feed directly from the app to see what recipes other Taste of Home Fans “Like” and are posting comments about on Facebook.
- Search – The Taste of Home app offers several methods for home cooks to sort and organize recipes. Users can browse the recipes based on ingredients they have on-hand in their pantries like chocolate or cranberries, or they can choose a more specific category option. The possible filters include: Course, Cooking Style, Cuisine or Holiday, which includes occasions such as 4th of July or Bridal Shower.
This is one recipe app you’ll enjoy having and best of all it’s free. Download Taste of Home from the Android Market and let us know how it compares to your favorite recipe app.
Source: PR Newswire
Android Market Link: Taste of Home
You might also like
So you’ve gotten into customizing your phone or tablet a bit and now you want to tweak a bit more. Have you checked out our 25 fantastic icon packs post
In case you were looking to order an EVO 4G today you might want to pump the brakes. As has been the case for most of the week, the latest
Google developers conference I/O is due to be held in San Francisco, California, for June 25-26th and today the company launched their website for the event. Registration for Google I/O