Ask.com Launches Android App
Ask.com is one of the most popular and well-known search engines (next to Google, of course) on the internet, and now they’re looking to establish a foothold in the mobile industry as well. They’re on the right track with the announcement of their Ask.com Android app. It’s available now on the Android Market and Amazon App Store, so why don’t you check it out?
The app looks to be the perfect solution for people that need quick answers on the go, without scrolling through page after page of search results. It’s packing such features as voice search, push notifications for new answers, as well as the ability to ask a real user a question in real time.
You can download the official Ask.com Android app below, as well as view the press release after the break. Who’s downloaded the app? What do you think? Drop a comment below!
“We have placed a big bet on mobile as part of our growth strategy, and it’s paying off with four times the answer rate as our site users,” said Jason Rupp, senior director of product management at Ask.com. “Over the last three quarters there was triple digit growth in traffic from smartphones to the Ask.com mobile site, and 60 percent of that was Android. To win in mobile, you must win on Android.”
Ask.com on Android includes all of the functionality of its iPhone application, with some unique enhancements. Features include:
- Voice to text: Simply ask questions, no typing required.
- Web combined with real people: Get web results as well as top-voted published answers from other Ask.com users in milliseconds.
- Send a question to a real user: Want another opinion? Route the question to a live person in the Ask.com Q&A community, or browse and respond to other users’ questions.
- Set it and forget it: Push notifications alert you to when a new answer has arrived.
- Personalize Q&A by interest: New for Android users, the app allows you to filter Q&A by topics that match your profile.
- Follow feature: Follow users who provide interesting answers, and personalize your Q&A experience with content from these connections.
To download the Ask for Android app, go to www.ask.com/mobile.
Ask.com is the number one online brand for questions and answers and an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI). The Ask Network of sites is the fourth largest property in the US for unique searches according to April 2011 comScore data with 94 million domestic unique monthly users. Ask.com also syndicates search and advertising solutions to a network of affiliate partners.