Samsung GT-I9250 aka Nexus Prime Receives WiFi Certification

The Samsung GT-I9250 received wifi certification yesterday meaning it does exist, and likely to be on schedule for a late fall early winter release. This is the device rumoured to be Google’s next flagship, the Nexus Prime, with a HD (1280×720) screen of 4.5″ or possibly even 4.65″ and a next-gen 1.5GHz dual core processor. Good news for those of you upset by yesterdays news of Verizon not supplying the SGS II as it’s also rumoured that the big red will carry the device.

Are you guys excited by this device? I know I am, let us know your thoughts on it below. Also check out the awesome (unofficial) logo for the Nexus Prime created by one talented member of the Android community, check out his Deviant art page here.

Source: Droid-life

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4639 posts

Android Device Manager is now live

Just a quick heads up for you guys and gals that the Android Device Manager is now live. We mentioned this on our social media streams yesterday but felt obligated

We swapped out our old laptop hard drive #ificandoit

In non-Android news, we recently replaced our laptop hard drive and it was a breeze.

Must.Eat.Birds Now Available in the Market

Your happily enjoying your cake at your picnic and you are attacked by flying birds trying to get the food. What do you do? Clone yourself and send in the clones

1. Anonymous
    August 26, 13:53 Reply

I could just about die! Can’t wait to get my hands on this! I know some people are put off by the big screen but not me. Nexus Prime will rock! Sure is gonna be a great holiday season.

2. Elvis
    August 26, 14:29 Reply

Yeah I’m psyched about it too… I how it’ll be on VZW in stead of gs2, and maybe an October release. That’s also some cool artwork, awesome job man :)

3. Fstrdnu35
    August 26, 15:09 Reply

This is the first phone that has made me consider replacing my nexus one with. The fact that it is a nexus phone means that it hopefully won’t be loaded with a bunch of bloatware. There’s no need for additional YOu’d on a nexus device, not to mention…they get all of the latest updates first. I love that my nexus one had had gingerbread since the updater came put and there are still many “superior”phones out there Thai don’t. Now, if only they would make a nexus tablet…..!

• Anonymous
      August 26, 16:55 Reply

The Xoom is the equivalent of the G1 so maybe they will. But for all the way that people put down the xoom you wouldn’t know it. It’s a great tablet. Most people complain of its weight and that it’s not thin but before the ipad 2 came along it was fine. Comparing them is unfair since the ipad came out later. The next xoom will be great with a redesigned body.

• Bb6h22lude4
      August 28, 03:27 Reply

Do you know anything about Nexus phones? They don’t have any carrier bloatware. They are a pure google experience. And you have a nexus one and you don’t know that lol

4. Fstrdnu35
    August 26, 15:09 Reply

5. Lewisd19
    August 26, 16:13 Reply

VZW FTW!!!! Since they are passing on the GS2, they gotta bring this monster to Big Red. It only makes sense.

6. Subtypes
    August 26, 19:23 Reply

4.5 or bigger?  Not for me…  will stick with my Nexus 1

7. The Truth Squad
    August 27, 19:06 Reply

I seriously doubt if Verizon will carry this phone.  The last time they were out in front with a phone was the OG Droid.  There is no reason to think they have changed the color of their stripes.

8. David Jenkins
    August 28, 01:18 Reply

4.5 is too big. Verizon sucks too.

But my Nexus one is constantly running out of disk space.

What to do?

9. Toejam2000
    August 28, 03:22 Reply

The bigger the better. it’s a phone about 400 minutes a month, the rest of the time its something that requires a big screen, browser, gps, texting with qwerty keyboard.

10. Bb6h22lude4
    August 28, 03:25 Reply

The Nexus Prime will have a 4.65″ Super Amoled HD display. This could be a Verizon Samsung phone with LTE, since they’re aren’t getting a phone with the galaxy s2 banding

11. DroidZ19
    September 28, 20:51 Reply

wow, just this phone is insane!  I can bet this babies will floating around at Google IO 2012