January 30, 2015

HTC: Droid Incredible & Thunderbolt to Get Official Gingerbread in September

We’ve just gotten word from HTC via a Facebook announcement that the Droid Incredible and HTC Thunderbolt will both be receiving some Gingerbread love in September. That’s literally all we know at this point, but at least HTC is trying to get the latest and greatest Android versions to their devices. No word on exactly when they’ll be getting the update, or if it will include Sense 3.0 or any other bells and whistles, but we’ll do some digging.

Keep in mind that September 1st is tomorrow, so this update can’t be too far off. So who has an Incredible or Thunderbolt? Are you excited to finally be getting some 2.3 on your device? Drop a comment below!

1. Jeff

I have an Incredible, and while I used to be jazzed about going to Gingerbread, now I’m thinking…meh, whatever. It’ll be interesting for a few days, but it won’t change my life.

• Santiagovt

Not only do I believe it won’t change our lives, I worry a lot of apps might not be Gingerbread compatiblet will not work. Do I have this backward.  I’ll be honest, I got my phone set up the way I like it and don’t want it messed up for meager benefits

• Santiagovt

2. Haroldhendu

i just hope it fixes some of the bugs and makes my battery last longer. also, it’s a pain to have to move apps from the SD card back to the phone to update them. will Gingerbread fix this?

3. Haroldhendu

4. Smivey *

I jumped through all the hoops to unroot my phone, hoping for an upgrade. Just hope I don’t get passed over because I’ve been messing around with my Droid Incredible.

5. Anonymous

I know i will be holding my breath….waiting….NOT!  Already Installed the Leaked RUU and its all good!

6. Anonymous

I’ve heard this before.  I’ve also heard that my google tv will be AWESOME once it gets honeycomb.  Seems to me Google (and its partners) have entered the vaporware business.  Apple never announces a product without a date certain for availability… maybe the fragmented Android market should take notice… no Apple fanboy ever has to say “my iphone will be so awesome when it gets an update at an indeterminate future date”.  I’m getting sick of explaining that the android products I’ve already bought are really going to be great “some day” when they see fit to release the latest software.  If this is really going to be 2012 technology then wow me in 2012 … don’t have me waiting on your promises since April 2011.

POST A COMMENT.