HTC: Droid Incredible & Thunderbolt to Get Official Gingerbread in September

We’ve just gotten word from HTC via a Facebook announcement that the Droid Incredible and HTC Thunderbolt will both be receiving some Gingerbread love in September. That’s literally all we know at this point, but at least HTC is trying to get the latest and greatest Android versions to their devices. No word on exactly when they’ll be getting the update, or if it will include Sense 3.0 or any other bells and whistles, but we’ll do some digging.

Keep in mind that September 1st is tomorrow, so this update can’t be too far off. So who has an Incredible or Thunderbolt? Are you excited to finally be getting some 2.3 on your device? Drop a comment below!

Justin Marden
Justin Marden 488 posts

I've been an Android fanboy since day one, but I've never had a chance to truly express my voice and be a part of the Android Community. When AndroidGuys starting accepting applications for interns, I saw my opportunity. I joined the AndroidGuys team and haven't looked back!

Nexus One May Suffer from Same Framerate Issue as EVO

We reported recently that the EVO has been having some serious frame rate issues, namely that it is locked at 30 FPS in both 2d and 3d modes.  Now it

Google adds Universal Search to Suggest to Mobile Platforms

On their official blog, Google is announcing that they have rolled out Universal Search to their Suggest functionality for mobile platforms.  This feature has been enabled for users on the

Motorola Updates Android 2.1 Timeline, Very Little Change

Motorola’s Owners’ Forum has posted a revised timeline for their Android-based handsets waiting for the coveted Android 2.1 update.  Not much has changed since the last time we checked in.

1. Jeff
    August 31, 20:59 Reply

I have an Incredible, and while I used to be jazzed about going to Gingerbread, now I’m thinking…meh, whatever. It’ll be interesting for a few days, but it won’t change my life.

• Santiagovt
      September 02, 02:30 Reply

Not only do I believe it won’t change our lives, I worry a lot of apps might not be Gingerbread compatiblet will not work. Do I have this backward.  I’ll be honest, I got my phone set up the way I like it and don’t want it messed up for meager benefits

• Santiagovt
      September 02, 02:30 Reply

2. Haroldhendu
    August 31, 21:08 Reply

i just hope it fixes some of the bugs and makes my battery last longer. also, it’s a pain to have to move apps from the SD card back to the phone to update them. will Gingerbread fix this?

3. Haroldhendu
    August 31, 21:08 Reply

4. Smivey *
    August 31, 21:23 Reply

I jumped through all the hoops to unroot my phone, hoping for an upgrade. Just hope I don’t get passed over because I’ve been messing around with my Droid Incredible.

5. Anonymous
    August 31, 21:23 Reply

I know i will be holding my breath….waiting….NOT!  Already Installed the Leaked RUU and its all good!

6. K. Eyes
    August 31, 21:54 Reply

I’ll believe it when I see it.

7. HughDiego
    September 01, 02:41 Reply

I look forward this amazing version very much. And I hope that it can really fulfill that promise

8. Anonymous
    September 01, 13:09 Reply

I’ve heard this before.  I’ve also heard that my google tv will be AWESOME once it gets honeycomb.  Seems to me Google (and its partners) have entered the vaporware business.  Apple never announces a product without a date certain for availability… maybe the fragmented Android market should take notice… no Apple fanboy ever has to say “my iphone will be so awesome when it gets an update at an indeterminate future date”.  I’m getting sick of explaining that the android products I’ve already bought are really going to be great “some day” when they see fit to release the latest software.  If this is really going to be 2012 technology then wow me in 2012 … don’t have me waiting on your promises since April 2011.