The Alarm.com app for Android was recently updated to include push notifications. This is a pretty big deal considering you’re talking about home security and monitoring. The latest release (v1.3.4) will now proactively keep any eye on things for you, pushing out notifications for a number of scenarios.
Users no longer need to keep the app open and running to receive updates as the alerts come in real-time. What’s more, they do not affect text message count or rely on the carrier’s messaging gateway.
Users can create notifications for any or all of the following:
- Motion-triggered video clips when kids arrive home from school
- Alerts if someone forgot to turn of lights or changed thermostat
- Alerts if alarm has been triggered or if the system has been disarmed
- Alerts if kids did not arrive home from school at specified time window
- Alerts if flood in basement
- Alerts if liquor, gun or medicine cabinet has been opened
Download Alarm.com app for Android for free on any device running 1.6 or higher.