Grow Random and Unique Plants on Home Screen with Droots Live Wallpaper

We learned of a new live wallpaper this morning called Droots which enables users to grow unique, completely random plants on their Android home screens.  Droots,  or digital roots, take anywhere from two to four weeks to grow and are different every single time.  The live wallpaper is available for free (Android 2.1+), comes with a pair of background environments (dune, forest) and can automatically adjust lighting based on the current time of day.

If you really want to take advantage of Droots, you can purchase various perks or settings (environments) through the Android Market at prices that range from around 69¢ to 95¢ each*.  Perks might include the ability to move your Droot once it begins growing, sharing over social networks, time machine, or psychedelic color shift.  Additional locations can include swamp, beach, Japan, garden, and more.  Should you find you’re not the patient type and want to see the Droot grow faster, you can purchase super seeds as well, with the same low prices.

Purchase a couple of seeds today and start growing!  Hit the break to check out a few screen shots and a video demo.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSqXumLT1eI&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

*Actual price may vary depending on country.

[app]com.cellcrowd.droots[/app]

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6602 posts

LG E720 Running 2.2 has been spotted in Poland

Our friend in Poland at Android.com.pl have brought to light the first pictures of the new LG E720.  Unfortunately, all we really know so far is that it is stylish,

eGlide Pro X tablet announced by Ematic: ICS tablet for just $219

Let’s face it… almost everyone wants a tablet these days. So if you can pick one up cheap, why not, right? Ematic has now announced the eGlide Pro X. The

Next-gen LG flagship could get huge camera upgrade

The LG G3 features a 13 MP camera that is pretty great.  It is just one of the features that helped to make the G3 one of the best Android

1. Zach Wagner
    September 13, 15:42 Reply

I’m interested in purchasing a seed, however what’s the reason for the difference in price between Droots Blorosso Droot (R) Droots Blorosso Droot (S)?  No idea what the (R) or (S) stand for.  I can only guess Root/Seed?  Do I need to buy them both?

2. Zach Wagner
    September 13, 15:42 Reply

3. Cellcrowd
    September 13, 16:01 Reply

Hi Zach,

(R) is a regular seed which has a grow time of 2 to 4 weeks where the (S) stands for super seed which has a grow time of 2 to 4 days. They are different seeds so while of course you can, it’s not required to buy both. Refer to http://www.droots-android.com/support/droots

4. Zach Wagner
    September 13, 16:33 Reply

Thanks for the quick response. I purchased two seeds, but I can’t figure out how to access the planing pop-up. I checked the support site and couldn’t find information on it.
    Edit: I Found out how by reading on the seed description on the market. You double tap the soil.

5. Zach Wagner
    September 13, 16:33 Reply

6. Zach Wagner
    September 13, 16:33 Reply

7. Cellcrowd
    September 13, 16:47 Reply

Hi Zach,

this is mentioned within the installation instructions that come with every Droot: “After downloading and installing, the droot will be available for planting when double clicking the soil.” I will make sure this is included in the support section asap.

Thanks for your support and enjoy your Droots!

8. Cellcrowd
    September 13, 16:47 Reply

Hi Zach,

Thanks for your support and enjoy your Droots!

9. Cellcrowd
    September 13, 16:47 Reply

Hi Zach,

Thanks for your support and enjoy your Droots!

10. Ilya Bogdanovski
    September 19, 05:05 Reply

Will plants grow only when wallpaper active or make sense only time
    since first install? I mean if I choose another wallpaper and later
    return to Droots will I loose progress or my plants will grow since last time?

• Matthew Deal
      September 19, 13:10 Reply

They will grow whether you have the live wallpaper on or not (they grow in the background) so you can change your live wallpaper as much as you want. We just posted a story about this on Android Static.

Awesome scoop Scott (we barely saw this in the Market)