If you happen to use the Opera Mobile browser for Android you’ll be happy to know it’s been updated and fixes quite a few issues. For those of you not familiar with Opera Mobile, it is an alternative browser that Android users can download for free from the Android Market, and while I don’t personally use it, some would say it has its benefits. You’re going to want to grab this update as it takes care of a security loophole and adds some extra support for those of you using a Honeycomb device. Here’s what’s new in the Opera Mobile 11.1 update:
- Added support for Honeycomb large screen compatibility mode
- Added support for font styles on Samsung Galaxy devices
- Fix for black screen when starting Opera Mobile on some devices
- Fix for problem with text disappearing in text fields
- Fix for HTML5
- Fix for mismatched RGB colors on some devices
- Fix for various stability issues on certain devices
- Fix for various font issues on certain devices
- Fix for security issue: http://bit.ly/android-11-1-update-2
Apparently a lot of users who want to download Opera Mobile have some anxiety over the applications various permissions. If you haven’t already downloaded Opera Mobile and are concerned about the various permissions, I suggest checking out the Opera forums where they detail what each permission is for and why they ask for it.
We're giving stuff away to help celebrate our tenth anniversary. Are you in?
If you’re looking for the update or want to try out Opera Mobile for Android just follow the Market link below.
Source: My Opera