Canadian Retailer Outs Kobo Vox Android Tablet
online retailer “Future Shop” let the cat out of the bag when they accidentally advertised Kobo’s future 7″ Android tablet. The Kobo Vox’s brief appearance on Future Shop provided numerous information about the device, including specs, shipping date, and a retail price. The Vox looks to be Canada’s answer to the Kindle Fire and features a 7″ 1024 x 600 LCD screen, Wifi, 8GB internal storage, microSD card slot, built-in speaker, and will be running Android (no version specification as of yet). According to the information on FS, the Vox is set to release October 17, and will cost $249.99 CAD. While the rest of the specs are incomplete, they list a bunch of features:
- Enjoy titles of all types from your favourite 500-plus page epics to graphic novels to the latest children’s titles on the 7-inch colour display.
- Browse and download from a library of millions of titles that include everything from NY Times best sellers, to newspapers and magazines – plus over 1 million free titles.
- Connect highlighted words to audio to help make reading fun for kids.
- See what other people are reading, peruse comments on titles, and even add your own with the Kobo Pulse function.
- Reading Life helps you discover your reading habits, and share your latest read and favourite passages with friends on Facebook and Twitter.
- Customization options include font, font size, brightness, day or night reading mode, and landscape/portrait mode.
- Navigate titles any way you want: category, alphabetically, title, or author.
- Kobo Vox supports open standards and even keeps an archive of all the books you’ve downloaded.
- Quickly download a Kobo eReading app and pick up where you left off on your Apple, Android and BlackBerry smartphone or tablet.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and the 8GB internal memory.
- Comes complete Facebook and Twitter widgets on the homescreen.
- Long-lasting six hour battery.
Sounds like a decent alternative to the Kindle Fire, although we won’t know for sure until more official details are released. What do you guys think? Any of our northern neighbors planning on picking up Kobo’s latest and greatest e-reader/tablet? Give us a shout in the comments and let us know.
You might also like
Win A $50 AndroidGuys Shopping Spree On The AndroidGuys Thursday Night Podcast Tonight Courtesy Of Twitoc!
Tune in tonight at 7PM Pacific/10PM Eastern and catch the AndroidGuys Thursday Night Podcast! Every Thursday evening we get unique guests, an eclectic panel of commentators, and fun give aways
Many of us want a watch with the look of a traditional watch but the capabilities of a smartwatch. Speeds Watch Face is an app that let’s you have the best of
Sprint, after having recently launched their first 3D smart phone, the EVO 3D, looks to be knee deep in their next big Android handset. We recently reported that HTC Kingdom passed