Norton, continuing with their new ‘Norton Everywhere‘ initiative has released a new service which lets users remotely locate, lock, and secure missing devices. These devices may include Windows-based laptops or Android-powered smartphones and tablets. Available immediately through Norton’s website, the price ranges from $39.9 (three devices) up to $89.99 (ten devices) and includes one year of protection and support.
“Laptops, smartphones and tablets have become more personal than ever because consumers can take them wherever they go,” said Dave Cole, vice president of mobile products at Norton. “However, the convenience of mobility also brings the risk of theft or accidental loss, so safeguards need to be in place. Norton Anti-Theft allows consumers to take defensive measures in preparing for the worst case scenario and proactive measures when an unfortunate incident occurs.”
Features in Norton Anti-theft include:
- Locate: Tracks and maps the location of your device when anyone uses it to go online.
- Remote Lock: Securely locks your device to prevent others from using it or seeing your information.
- Lost Notification: Displays a customizable message to anyone who finds your missing device so you can make arrangements to get it back.
- Web Control: Works securely over the Internet, so you can easily track, locate, and lock your devices anytime, anywhere.
- Sneak Peek: Snaps photos of anyone or anything in front of your device then saves the images to the Norton Anti-Theft website to help you get back your device. (Webcam devices only)
- Free support: Get help and answers by phone, email, live chat, or online whenever you need it.