Holy cow! It’s just after midnight on the east coast and we’re on the eve of CTIA Fall 2011, so you know what that means… Press releases galore! AT&T, going crazy with Android, has just announced five handsets with our beloved mobile platform. We’ll skip the usual banter and skip straight to a bullet-point post, touting the hardware specs on these devices. First up, the Motorola Atrix 2. Strap in!
Stopping short of a price tag and/or a launch date, we only get the cold hard specs at this point.
We do know, however, that the features of the Atrix 2 include:
- 1 GHz dual-core processor
- Internal memory: 8 GB ROM, 1 GB RAM, 2 GB microSD™ card (expandable to 32GB)
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 4.3-inch qHD screen 960x540TFT, with more than 500,000 pixels for sharper, clearer display
- 8 MP camera and LED flash
- Front-facing camera
- 1080p HD video capture, 30 frames per second playback
- On Device Encryption (ODE) and Enhanced Exchange ActiveSync® (EAS)
- IPsec VPN
- Lapdock 100 Accessory
- UMTS 850/1900/2100
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- 4G HSPA+ 21 Mbps (Category 14)