AT&T Announces Pantech Pocket
AT&T has just announced another duet with Pantech, this time coming in the form a mid-range 4-inch device called the Pocket. Running Android 2.3 Gingerbread and promoted with specs that include its 5-megapixel camera, 2GB microSD card, and full touch 4″ SVGA display, we cannot imagine the rest of the hardware situation as being overly powerful.
Our gut tells us this is a sub-$100 Android at best, likely one of those models that ends up free or bundled into BOGO deals. While it might not be for you, chances are good that this is a right price and combo for someone you may know.
According to the press release, the Pantech Pocket features:
- UMTS 850/1900/2100
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- Internal Memory: ~600MB plus 2GB microSD™ included.
- User Memory: 2.5 GB included (Includes a 2 GB microSD Card)
- Support for up to 32GB microSD
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Full touch 4″ SVGA display
- Screen size & resolution: 4″ (600×800) 16M TFT
- 5 MP camera with flash and HD video recording
- 114.7mm x 78mm x 11.3mm
- Weight is 4.66 oz
- Bluetooth: v. 2.1 + EDR
- Wi-Fi and access to AT&T hotspots
Look for pricing and a launch date in short order.
You might also like
The latest Android handset to get the root treatment is the Samsung Galaxy.Â The first Android-based device to come out ofÂ South Korea hasn’t arrived here in the US just
We’re just full of update news today, aren’t we? This one is for Sidekick 4G owners, as a software update is available for the device. Before you ask, no, this