AT&T has just announced another duet with Pantech, this time coming in the form a mid-range 4-inch device called the Pocket. Running Android 2.3 Gingerbread and promoted with specs that include its 5-megapixel camera, 2GB microSD card, and full touch 4″ SVGA display, we cannot imagine the rest of the hardware situation as being overly powerful.
Our gut tells us this is a sub-$100 Android at best, likely one of those models that ends up free or bundled into BOGO deals. While it might not be for you, chances are good that this is a right price and combo for someone you may know.
We're giving stuff away to help celebrate our tenth anniversary. Are you in?
According to the press release, the Pantech Pocket features:
- UMTS 850/1900/2100
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- Internal Memory: ~600MB plus 2GB microSD™ included.
- User Memory: 2.5 GB included (Includes a 2 GB microSD Card)
- Support for up to 32GB microSD
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Full touch 4″ SVGA display
- Screen size & resolution: 4″ (600×800) 16M TFT
- 5 MP camera with flash and HD video recording
- 114.7mm x 78mm x 11.3mm
- Weight is 4.66 oz
- Bluetooth: v. 2.1 + EDR
- Wi-Fi and access to AT&T hotspots
Look for pricing and a launch date in short order.