AT&T Announces Samsung Captivate Glide
That didn’t take very long! We just got done covering the rumors of a Samsung Captivate Glyde when AT&T has to go and get all official on us. As you’ve heard by now, AT&T has unveiled five new Android devices at the stroke of midnight, ushering in CTIA Fall 2011. One of the phones on the roadmap is none other than the Samsung Captivate Glide, an Android 2.3-powered sliding QWERTY.
Details are exactly what we had expected and look to closely resemble the Stratosphere just unveiled by Verizon, if not a touch better. Specifications include a 4.0-inch Super AMOLED Plus display, a dual-core 1GHz processor, and 8-megapixel camera. Like the version hitting Big Red this week, the Captivate Glide features business-minded applications and services.
Specifications for the Captivate Glide:
- UMTS 850/1900/2100
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- 4G HSPA+ 21 Mbps (Category 14)
- 1GHz Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H dual core processor
- 1GB RAM/1GB ROM/8GB Internal microSD™ to 32GB (not included)
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 4-inch 480×800 WVGA Super AMOLED™
- Dual camera – 8MP Autofocus w/LED + 1.3MP front
- Full HD 1080p video camera + HDMI playback
- Enhanced Exchange ActiveSync® (EAS) to sync email, contacts, calendar and tasks
- Device and SD card encryption
- Virtual private network support
- Mobile Device Management (MDM)
Look for pricing and a launch date to be announced in short order!