TeleNav 7.1 Arrives for Sprint Android Devices
TeleNav announced this morning that they are rolling out a new version of their popular turn-by-turn navigation application for Android devices. expected later this month, v7.1 adds a number of new features, improves upon existing stuff, and continues to add to its overall value.
Existing TeleNav GPS Navigator users will notice a new home screen, called “My Dashboard” as soon as they open the app, making for a more welcome experience. Given that most users don’t typically open the app for the daily commute or local travels, they will simply miss out. This splash screen, coupled with a new customizable widget, should change that as they both work best for those times when you think you don’t need GPS to help.
Another new feature is the ability to change the symbol for your car. Now, instead of the standard car or triangle, users can jazz things up with custom car icons including a sports car, hot rod, tank, space ship, motorcycle and other fun options!
Hit the break to check out a bullet list of other features, a few screen shots, and a video demo showing off the 7.1 release! If you are a Sprint user on the Everything Data and Simply Everything plans then you’ll want to keep your eyes peeled for the free update.
Other key features in TeleNav 7.1 include:
- Multi Route: Recommends up to three routes to your destination with distance and estimated drive times based on traffic conditions
- Favorite and Recent Destinations: Drive to your favorite and recent destinations more quickly and easily with one-touch access on My Dashboard
- Daily Commute: Current drive times based on live traffic right on the home screen
- Live Traffic: Save time with live traffic updates that automatically reroutes you around traffic jams or road congestion
- Local Search: Search 22 million Places and get user-generated ratings and reviews to quickly decide where to go
- Local Reviews: Rate and review your favorite Place all from your phone
- Gas Prices: Search up-to-date gas prices by location and price to save money
- Voice Search: Stay safe and keep your hands on the wheel with voice-activated commands
- Local Weather: Get real-time weather and seven day forecasts for your current location
- Voice Guidance: Clear, easy-to-understand driving directions spoken by a real human voice
You might also like
Google is killing off 6 of their services, including Notebook. And I was just begging for that on Android too. Booo. # Zeman makes a few good points as to
Those of you who have an EVO 4G are advised to keep your eyes peeled for a minor update next week. Sorry guys and gals, it’s not a Froyo rollout.
Ever wonder why AndroidGuys technically has a Google+ Page yet never really does anything with it? Simple, there’s not a good way to manage things from a mobile client. As