Motorola Blends Fitness and Music with MOTOACTV
Motorola had a pair of Android-related announcements earlier this morning, one of which (Droid RAZR) you probably already know about. The other , MOTOACTV, is a wearable fitness device which gets its brains from Android. Powered by a 600MHz processor and weighing a mere 35 grams, this is the kind of watch that Dick Tracy could only drool over. Well, if he was a fitness freak or calorie counter.
Essentially, the MOTOACTV acts as your personal fitness assistant, keeping track of calories, miles, distance, time, and more. Thanks to its built-in Wi-Fi and GPS connectivity, the device will automatically log everything you and uploads it to your MOTOACTV account.
Features of MOTOACTV
- Ongoing tracking of fitness performance stats, including pace, distance, calories burned, and map of route covered, with automatic wireless syncing of workout data to MOTOACTV.com
- 8GB or 16GB of storage for endless playlists
- Sports a 1.6” full-color touch-screen display that is sweat-proof, rain-resistant and scratch-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass that auto-adjusts for indoor or outdoor lighting
- Option to sync with the latest Android-powered smartphone to receive incoming calls and texts
- FM radio capabilities for more song variety
- Up to five hours of battery life for outdoor workouts, 10 hours indoors, and nearly two weeks on standby
- Supports both Bluetooth® 4.0 and ANT+ wireless connectivity for your existing fitness sensors and your future ones
- Size: 46mm x 46mm x 9.6 mm
- Weight: 35 g
If you’re thinking about grabbing one of these devices you may want to consider picking up one of the two new headsets being offered. Available for as low as $99, the SF500 (wired) and the SF700 provide an excellent music experience as well as real-time audible readouts of your heart rate. How does it know your hear rate? It reads it through sensors that touch your ear. Of course, these also let you take calls while running, making sure you’re never too far from mom.
The MOTOACTV comes in two versions, 8GB for $249 and a 16GB for $299 with Verizon acting as an exclusive launch partner. Come November 6, 2011, MOTOACTV will be available at Best Buy, Amazon, and other retailers. In terms of headsets, the Motorola SF700 retails for $149.99 while the Motorola SF500 carries a $99.99 sticker.
You might also like
We want to hook one of you up with a prize pack of Samsung Galaxy S4 accessories from WirelessEmporium.com
If you, like me, have been begging the Google gods to provide some sort of streamlined music shopping experience on your Android powered handset, it seems that the gods indeed
Even if it actually is last year’s Verizon LG Ally, Alltel subscribers have another Android phone to look forward too. Starting today, customers can pick one up for $89.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate.