DROID Pro and DROID 2 Global getting Gingerbread updates
Verizon just pinged our inbox to advise that the carrier is officially rolling out Android 2.3 updates to both the DROID Pro and DROID 2 Global. If you own one of these two models and want to manually grab the update, navigate to Settings > About Phone > System Updates on your phone.
Each update offers additional benefits that vary depending on the handset, but largely include the following.
- Download Manager App: New App to manage all of your downloads from web browsing, email attachments and other apps.
- App and Power Management Details: Under Manage Applications, a new “Running” tab displays a list of active applications and the storage and memory being used by each.
- Multi-Touch Key-Chording: New ability to enter numbers and symbols with keyboard shortcut combos, instead of having to change to the numeric keyboard mode.
- Improved Word Selection and Copy Functionality: New capability to select a word via press-hold. A second press of the selected word copies the selected characters.
- New User Interface and Color Scheme: New widgets, icons and screens with refreshed colors.
- Dock Icons: Static Phone, App Launcher and Contacts icons are replaced within a customizable dock. Three swappable icons and the App Launcher icon are fixed to the dock at the bottom of all home screen panels for easy and instant access.
- App Groups: New App Menu allows creation of custom app groups, in addition to 3 default groups: All Apps, Recent and Downloaded.
You might also like
Motorola’s commitment to Android is becoming clearer by the week.Â It seems like every time we turn around, they are up to something else involving green robots.Â What we like
Enhanced support for 7-inch tablets… coincidental timing?