Sprint and Samsung have announced their next Android effort, the Gingerbread-powered Transform Ultra. Keeping in line with many of Sprint‘s Android smartphones, the handset offers Sprint ID for customizable niche user experiences. Details for the phone point to a low-end device however the (presumably low) price point should lead to decent sales over the fourth quarter.
Specifications for Samsung Transform Ultra
- Android 2.3
- 1GHz processor
- 2GB internal storage
- 512MB RAM
- 3.5-inch HVGA display
- 3-megapixel camera
- front-facing VGA camera
- Sprint ID support
- 1500 mAh battery
Unfortunately we don’t have a launch date or price to share at this stage however we expect it in the coming weeks. Pricing should come in under $99 with a two-year service agreement.
Samsung Transform Ultra is a premium android powered device that delivers a truly customizable experience even faster than before and at an affordable price. Samsung Transform Ultra, powered by Android 2.3 Gingerbread, features access to Google Mobile™ services and more than 250,000 applications through Android Market. It has a powerful 1GHz processor, a 3MP rear-facing camera and VGA front-facing camera for video chat while on the go. Equipped with Sprint ID users can also completely customize their experience based on their needs and interests. Users can automatically get ringers, wallpapers, apps and widgets downloaded to your phone in one click.
- 3.5” HVGA touch screen with full QWERTY keyboard
- 1GHz processor
- Android 2.3 with Sprint ID customizable user interface
- Sprint 3G (EVDO Rev. A) network
- Dual Cameras- 3 MP camera and VGA front facing camera
- Sprint ID, a user-friendly means of customizing Android content on mobile phones. Allows users to instantly download ID packs that deliver a predefined experience, including applications, widgets, ringtones and wallpapers, all at once.
- Android Market™ – browse and download thousands of free and paid apps from around the world
- WiFi and GPS capable
- MP3 Player with MicroSD card slot (supports up to 32GB)
- Stereo Bluetooth® Wireless technology
- Processor: 1 GHz Qualcomm MSM8655
- Dimensions: 4.57 x 2.40 x 0.55 inches; 4.9 ounces
- Display: HVGA 480 x 320 pixels
- RAM/ROM: 512MB/2GB
- 1500 mAh Li-ION inner cell battery with up to 7 hours1 continuous talk time