If you havent’ heard, Consumer Reports is holding an App Development Challenge which ends November 8th. This is your opportunity to create the next Consumer Reports mobile application and the chance to win a $10,000 Consumer Reports contract to develop it. To enter, all you have to do is register at http://consumerreportsappcontest.com and submit an app concept which is to include:
- 5 to 7 application screen shots (PNG or JPG format only, 400k max size each) of an original software application written for a mobile platform (either Smartphone or tablet)
- A description of the app (not to exceed 2,500 characters)
- State what mobile platform the App will run on.
To enter you must be a legal resident of the fifty United States or District of Columbia and at least eighteen eighteen years old at the time of entry. All entries must be submitted no later than November 8, 2011 5:00 pm EDT. There is no limit on the number of entries but Consumer Reports strongly suggests that any subsequent entries be separate and distinct from any other of your submissions.
Submissions will be judged by a Consumer Reports panel and ten semifinalist apps will be chosen. After the ten semifinalist apps are chosen, they will then be voted on by the public via online presentation and the five apps with the most public votes will move on to the final round which will be judged by a finalist judging panel. The 1st place winner will be awarded a $10,000 Consumer Reports contract to fully develop their winning app with the other four receiving:
- 2nd Place $1000 + mention on ConsumerReports.org
- 3rd Place $500 + mention on ConsumerReports.org
- 2 honorable mentions Mention on ConsumerReports.org
For more information and full details, head on over to the Consumer Reports App Development Challenge page and good luck!