Motorola to announce ICS updates for existing devices six weeks after ICS release

As an Android fanboy, I believe that I am not the only one excited about Ice Cream Sandwich and I am really waiting for the Galaxy Nexus as most of you are, but… I’m sure not everyone is going to sell their Droid Bionic or SGSII just to buy the Galaxy Nexus. Most of you will instead patiently await an ICS update to your device. Motorola recently told us that the Motorola XOOM will receive the ICS update soon, whereas the Droid RAZR will get it in 2012, but what about the other Motorola phones running on Gingerbread e.g. Droid Bionic, Droid 3 etc? Motorola also announced via Twitter that they will launch an ICS update schedule six weeks after Google’s public push of ICS, which means we will see ICS running on Motorola’s latest Android devices soon. I hope Motorola has a few new ICS devices up their sleeves as well.

The first ICS device will be hitting Verizon in the next month or so and hopefully we will see ICS devices from other manufacturers soon. So folks, do you currently own a Motorola device that you’re hoping will see ICS? Planning on buying one? Let us know in the comment box below.

Source: BGR

Asad Rafi
Asad Rafi 725 posts

Back in 2011, Asad started as an intern at AndroidGuys, and today he is one of the youngest and active members of the team. He's writing about Android from almost 4 years, and when he is not doing that, he is either watching Suits, Breaking Bad, watching a Manchester United game, or just studying..

T-Mobile Uncarrier Phase 3: Unlimited international data , flat-rate calling, and more

“Today’s phones are designed to work around the world, but we’re forced to pay insanely inflated international connectivity fees to actually use them. You can’t leave the country without coming

LG debuts new “L-Style” line of phones for Mobile World Congress

Stopping short of any giving us details, LG unveils a trio of smartphones for next week’s annual conference.

New Motorola DROID-Like Device Arrives… Or Does It?

The folks over at Boy Genius Report were tipped to a couple of pictures of a new Motorola device. Looking like a softer version of Verizon’s Droid, it sports the

1. YourBoy
    October 26, 08:25 Reply

oh puhleeeease!!!! Gingerbread is barely out unless its a mod and ICS is coming to devises weeks after it’s release? C’mon son…

2. Anonymous
    October 26, 08:31 Reply

Why oh why do people who report things like this always forget the Photon?  There are a ton of people using that device as well.  Was there news on the photon?

• Anonymous
      October 26, 08:53 Reply

Mostly because Motorola has a bigger impression on Verizon.

3. Myronbrich
    October 26, 10:06 Reply

Yes I am waiting for ICS for the wonderful XOOM! I don’t tend to get all upset over being first, or there taking months for my device to be upgraded.

Personally, I am very happy with my XOOM.

MBR

-Moto Droid X
    -Moto XOOM 4G
    -Motor SD-9 BT headset
    -Bose Sound link for XOOM music playback
    -Bose QC-15 headphones
    -Bose earbuds

4. ac
    October 26, 10:40 Reply

Anyone know if the Droid X will be getting the update? I heard only devices with dual core will get the ICS update.

5. B1505
    October 26, 10:59 Reply

I figure my OG Droid is at the end of life, so I do not expect ICS for it. Of course, it is barely chugging along now.
    I have no idea what my next phone will be. Decisions….decisions..  Nexus probably first on my list if my droid holds out until it is released, then the Vigor (I still like that name better than Rezound) and finally the Razr.

They need to just release these new phones!!!!! My wife has already had the Thunderbolt and now the Bionic and I’m still in the OG Droid world! WTH!! :) Strange because I’m the tech geek…..

6. B-reid1
    October 26, 15:17 Reply

I would love ICS on my Atrix 4g. It’s the best phone I’ve had yet.

7. Laduce1
    October 26, 21:24 Reply

I have a Droid Bionic and always looking for something new but tested.  I have not seen ICS running on any device.