Galaxy S II Skyrocket brings the 4G LTE heat on November 6
AT&T announced earlier this morning that the HTC Vivid will be among the first two Android smartphones to offer 4G LTE support. The other handset? That’s the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket. Making its debut on Sunday November 6, the phone runs Android 2.3.5 and features some of the same high-end hardware found in other Galaxy S II series phones.
Pricing will be $249.99 with a qualified two-year service agreement, which makes sense considering the faster data speeds and slightly beefed up hardware. Unlike the standard AT&T Galaxy S II, the Skyrocket edition features a 4.5-inch display and dual-core 1.5GHz processor.
Galaxy S II Skyrocket features:
- Android Gingerbread (2.3.5)
- 4.5-inch Super AMOLED Plus display
- Dual-core 1.5GHz processor
- 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash (1080p HD video)
- 2-megapixel front-facing camera
- 16GB internal storage
- MicroSD expansion up to an additional 32 GB