Yahoo! Weather debuts in Android Market
Yahoo! released a number of mobile applications today, including the Android-based Yahoo! Weather, designed for phones and tablets alike. Available in the Android Market for free, the title takes a slightly different twist on giving us the temperature. Based around the crowdsourced Project Weather initiative, users will find that images from Flickr also accompany the temp and forecast. Additional details include sharing across social networking and email, a widget, and storing of up to 10 locations.
- Enjoy beautiful photos from Flickr that match weather conditions in your current and favorite locations across the globe
- Get an instant five day forecast for your current location by simply opening the app
- View detailed weather information for the day by tilting your phone
- Access up to 10 locations accessible with a simple swipe
- Share the weather and corresponding photo on Facebook, Twitter, and email
- Stay updated from your home screen by installing the Yahoo! Weather widget
- Quickly access The Weather Channel for detailed weather information
- Photos in the app are crowd-sourced from the Project Weather group on Flickr atflickr.com/projectweather, so the number of photos displayed for each location will grow as more photos are submitted to the group
Download Yahoo! Weather for Android 2.1 or higher.
You might also like
Dell is undoubtedly one of the leaders when talking about computers, but recently we noticed that Dell isn’t interested anymore in the US mobile market. As of late, they seem
Sprint confirmed on Thursday that new rate plans will take effect for its customers effective July 12. Called the Unlimited, My Way, and My All-in plans, these are designed to let new and existing