Syncplicity Android Launch Delivers Secure File Access and Sharing for Mobile Workers [PRESS RELEASE]
MENLO PARK, CALIF. – November 15, 2011 – Syncplicity, a leader in cloud based file management solutions for businesses and individuals, today announced the immediate availability of Syncplicity for Android. With the 100 percent native Android app all the files and folders a user needs – from their existing folders on their PC’s and Macs, cloud apps like Google Docs and Salesforce, and on premise apps like SharePoint – are accessible and shareable using Android 2.x phones and tablets.
Syncplicity delivers unparalleled convenience and protection because users do not have to think ahead about moving or storing files from where they already keep them in order to gain ubiquitous mobile access. With Syncplicity, users have their own secure Virtual Private Cloud where they work naturally using the applications and folders they are used to. File changes, no matter where they happen, are automatically synced across all their computers, available in cloud and on-premise applications, accessible on their mobile devices, backed up with version control, and easily shareable with colleagues.
Syncplicity gives business of all sizes the administrative features they need to make it easy for users to access, share and back-up files while enforcing policies over control and security of data. The new Android app continues Syncplicity’s drive to provide exceptional and unique security and administration features including the ability for users or admins to remote wipe files and enable client-side data encryption for files on mobile devices.
“The Syncplicity Android App helped me look great in front of a client within hours of downloading it,” said John M. Johansen, Partner at Agile Technologies, LLC. “I was sitting with a client with a hard-copy of an NDA but the client wanted to pass an electronic copy to legal for a quick review. I just accessed the file from Syncplicity on my Droid and sent her a link to the file in an email. My client was impressed, saying ‘Wow, now that’s agile…’. In today’s business environment speed and agility are everything, and Syncplicity for Android helps me access the files I need when it matters most. Even if I don’t have access to my work computer or remember ahead of time that I need them.”
“We are focused on helping our clients become more effective, improve efficiency and save money by deploying innovative cloud technologies, said Isidoro Reyes de Zuloaga, CEO and Managing Director at Cloud Partners. “As both a Syncplicity and Google Apps reseller, having Syncplicity available on Android phones and tablets further rounds out the secure end-to-end cloud and mobile solutions we can offer our clients. As Syncplicity Business Edition users ourselves, our employees love it, too!”
“We are passionate about the future that cloud and mobile computing offer businesses and individuals and are laser-focused on making file access, sharing and backup easy and effortless for users while providing the security and control that businesses and power users expect,” said Jeff Schultz, Chief Marketing Officer at Syncplicity. “Syncplicity for Android continues the strong momentum we have seen from the release of our native iPhone and iPad apps earlier this year and is another example of how we can satisfy both the users and the IT professionals that support them.”
Key Syncplicity for Android Features
Syncplicity for Android works on Android 2.1 and above phones and tablets including the newly available Amazon Kindle Fire. It allows users to access, create, delete, view, download, and upload files on their Android devices with changes available on all of the other computers, mobile devices, on-premise file servers and cloud applications, such as Google Docs, SharePoint and Salesforce. Because Syncplicity for Android is a native app it makes use of unique features of the platform and offers a consistent user experience with other native apps.
Key features include:
Productivity and Flexibility
- · Users gain automatic access to all files and folders in their Virtual Private Cloud without having to “check them in” or move them manually
- · Users can view a Newsfeed to see what file activity has been happening across all their computers and devices, including updates in files and folders shared among colleagues
- · Users can share files of unlimited size with others, both with or without Syncplicity accounts, directly from their Android device without needing access to their computers, either directly or through a VPN
- · Users can access current and past versions of files directly from their Android device without requiring administrator intervention
- · Users can use 3rd party apps on Android to open, edit and save files in Syncplicity – changes are then uploaded to a user’s Virtual Private Cloud where they are synced to their other computers, devices, on-premise file servers and cloud apps such as Google Docs, SharePoint and Salesforce
- · Users can create new content and move them to Syncplicity through support of the native Android File System, built in Camera and Media, and SD card support
Security and Control
- · IT professionals can provide support for users’ preferred mobile devices while still retaining control over corporate assets and reducing end-user support costs that result from complex system and security configurations
- · Users and IT Administrators can remotely wipe downloaded data and credentials if their device is lost or stolen
- · All cached files stored encrypted at rest with enterprise-grade AES-256 encryption
- · Organizational controls, permissions and policies set by administrators in Syncplicity Business Edition are enforced – extending control, information security and corporate data compliance to employee’s mobile devices
- · Syncplicity optimizes device performance, data plan usage and battery life by accessing files and folders from the cloud, but also provides offline access to previously downloaded files
Cost and Availability
Syncplicity for Android is available free of charge from the Google Android Market. Existing Syncplicity users can log in to their Syncplicity account with their current credentials and download the app for free. Syncplicity for Android works with Syncplicity free, Personal Edition and Business Edition accounts.
About Syncplicity Inc.
Syncplicity is a leading provider of file management and storage solutions in the cloud, offering instant synchronization, mobile access, backup, file sharing and collaboration in one integrated solution. Based in Menlo Park, California, Syncplicity offers solutions for both business and individual users. For more information, visit www.syncplicity.com.
You might also like
McAfee has put together a little infographic earlier this week to let you users know just how easily your personal information can be compromised should you lose your phone. According to them, people just don’t “get” how serious an issue mobile security is and that folks tend to tune out whenever the subject is brought up. So how does McAfee get your attention? Take a prison visit, Scared Straight tactic and hit you in the face with facts.
The latest Android developer platform figures are online and show a steadily growing Android 4.0 and 4.1 experience. As of the 14 day period ending September 4, Ice Cream Sandwich
More news has surfaced today about the upcoming Galaxy Tab Android tablet. First up is the news dropped by tmonews.com concerning the T-Mobile release date and pricing for Samsung’s new