News360 Introduces Periscope, Brings Depth and Insight to News Across the Web
New Extension for Chrome, Firefox and Safari Brings Popular News App Features to Thousands of News Sites
We're giving stuff away to help celebrate our tenth anniversary. Are you in?
SUNNYVALE, CA — NOVEMBER 17, 2011 – News360, the popular cross-platform newsreader that delivers personalized content based on a user’s unique interest graph, today introduced Periscope, a browser extension that works with Chrome, Firefox and Safari browsers to add depth and context to articles across thousands of news sites.
News360’s Periscope is a non-invasive toolbar that:
- Broadens perspective on developing stories by presenting alternative sources covering the same story as the article you’re reading
- Aggregates photos and videos related to every news story, and shows you media relevant to whatever you’re currently browsing
- Displays a live stream of tweets related to the story, showing you up to the minute reactions from across the Twitterverse
- Enhances understanding, bringing depth and background information about 700,000 tracked entities (companies, people, places, and more), by highlighting them in news articles and linking to background information right from the article
- Works with most news sites across the web
- One-touch sharing to Google+, Facebook and Twitter
- Save articles to your News360 account for later reading on the mobile platform of your choice
In addition to exploring a story from multiple sources and viewpoints, Periscope users can also share articles to Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or via e-mail, and save articles for future reading into their News360 account. Saved articles are synced across all devices used to access the News360 app, including smartphones, tablets and on the web. The extension is free and available for download from News360.com, the Chrome Web Store, Mozilla Firefox Add-Ons directory, and the Safari Extensions Gallery.
CEO Roman Karachinksy says the extension is “the next logical step towards our biggest goal: providing our users with a broad, comprehensive perspective on important topics and stories of interest, wherever they choose to read.”
News360 is a popular newsreader for use on smartphones, tablets and the Web that presents a comprehensive look at the most important news of the day around the world, and the most important news of the day as it relates directly to its users. The app analyzes more than 150,000 articles from 10,000 sources daily and ranks them according to quality, relevance and freshness. News360 uses the social cloud to build unique interest graphs for each user, helping them discover new content, sources, and interests. News360 is available for the web, and all major mobile platforms, including iPhone and iPad, Android Honeycomb tablets and Android smartphones, BlackBerry PlayBook, and Windows Phone 7 devices. News360 is privately held. For more information, visit www.news360app.com